Normal Breast Augmentation Side Effects?

I have recently had breast augmentation.on my left breast dropped right away and milk leaked from the insision. The right breast never seemed to drop. my dr said i was lactating this has been 12 weeks nom. I now have to see a breast specialest cause my left breast is now hard and higher than the right one. one of my insison scars is sucked in and a deep maron color and now seem to be blistering. is this abnormal. I haven seen any Dr in like 6 weeks. I see the specialiest this friday but the blistering on the scar is odd My Dr thinks i may have a patuatary disorder dose this happen often?

Traci, It's very difficult for me to know what exactly...

+3

Traci, It's very difficult for me to know what exactly is going on without examining you, but a couple of thoughts come to mind. Having fluid leak from your incision may be a sign of a low grade infection - this would not be enough necessarily to make you sick, but it would affect the implant. Implants that get infected can have what is called capsular contracture, where the capsule or scar that your body naturally makes around the implant gets firm and tight. This would certainly explain why that implant is sitting so high.

If you are having pain or persistent drainage, one thought would be to have an imaging study (ultrasound or MRI) to see what exactly may be going on with your breast (if there is fluid or an old blood clot around it, or there appears to be signs of a capsular contracture). Don't be surprised if, after all of this, you may have to have another operation to either remove the implants or replace them.

Dr. S

Mulitple problems following breast augmentation: galactorrhea (milk production) and tethered scar

+1

It sounds as if you have multiple different issues. One is galactorrhea or the excessive production of milk which can occur after augmentation and typically will resolve. However, it appears that your physcian may attribut this to a pituitary disorder and may order tests or prescribe medicine. The other issue is an adherent scar. Although this may resolve, it occasionally requires a layered repair.

You probably have an infection from Breast Implants

+1

From your description you probably have an infection which needs to be dealt with immediately.

See a Board certified PS your implant may need to be removed and the infection treated according to the bacteria grown.

You will have to wait 6 months before a new implant is reinserted.

Complication after breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you may have a serious complication after breast augmentation.  I don't think this has any thing to do with your pituitary gland.  See your doctor or another plastic surgeon right away.  You may need surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Implant Complications

+1

It is very difficult to say what is going on from what you are telling us. However, what I can say that none of it sounds or is a normal part of breast augmentation. It sounds like you are having breast hardening or capsular contracture.

I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon sooner than later to determine what needs to be done. But the likelihood that you would require another operation is high.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast augmentation side effects

+1

Drainage from the incision is more likely fat necrosis or an infection. From your description of the scar I am not sure if you have a full thickness loss of skin at the scar or you are just decribing the color. Blisters at your incision site is not routine at 6 weeks unless steristrips caused them. I suggest that you see a plastic surgeon to be properly evaluated.