What is the Best Treatment for Large Pores?

Hello, I have enlarged/scarred pores. I've had a Micro laser peel, and I've had 3 treatments of Fraxel re:storeTM in the past without any results. What is the best laser or treatment to use on enlarged, scarred pores?

Pore reduction

Pore reduction is best done with any of the "Fractional carbon dioxide lasers. Mixto Microfractional CO2, Fraxel Repair which is a CO2 laser not Fraxel restore (which is a lesser wavelength) are two examples. The most impertant questions are: What is the wavelength of the laser? Answer 10600 nanometers. and Does the laser drill small holes?

San Ramon Dermatologist

How to improve large pores with laser or RF micro needles ?

A good treatment for enlarge pores and acne scars is the radiofrequency microneedle system (Endymed intensif).  The pathogenesis of both  relates most probably to thickened bands of collagen under the pores or scars causing a retraction of skin surface.

An effective treatment will have to reach into the deep layer of the skin to remodel the retracting collagen fibers under the scar, like the microneedle treatment that heats the deep layer of the skin to produce new collagen.

In this kind of treatment the downtime and pain is minimal, and with few treatments only I see very good improvements. The patients are very satisfied with this treatment.

Yoram Harth, MD
Israel Dermatologist

Microneedling A Good Option for Enlarged Pores

Microneedling treatments work great on enlarged pores and scarring. There is minimal downtime and the treatment is much safer than lasers. Since you’ve already had several laser treatments already, this may be your best option.

Faxel Laser for large pores

Pores may become clogged and result in acne, or can appear as "blackheads," consisting of excess oil accumulation and keratin which turns black when exposed to air. However, even when the pores are free from debris, they can remain noticeable.Fraxel Re:Store erbium laser has expanded the realm of possibility for treatment outcomes. Numerous studies have proven that 3-5 sessions of the Fraxel can produce pores that are histologically, subjectively, and quantitatively smaller and less noticeable

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Fraxel re:pair for enlarged pores

I know that you have not had the results that you were looking for with the previous Fraxel re:store treatments, but the new Fraxel re:pair CO2 laser impressively shrinks skin and tightens pores.

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel for Large Pores

Thank you for your question. At my practice, I use Fraxel Laser treatment. Fraxel eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers, redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Best treatment for large pores?

IMHO, the most cost effective treatment for large pores is an excellent skin health program.  You may not see many other doctors agree with me since this is not a very profitable recommendation.  Once the skin is "conditioned", medium depth chemical peels will be highly effective at giving you the results you are seeking.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Shrinking Pores

Shrinking your pores can take several treatments. Chemical peels, prescription retin-a creams, and lasers such as the Ematrix and Fraxel can all help with improving pore size. There is also another in-office treatment called photodynamic light therapy. This not only helps improve poor size but can target up to 75% of your precancer skin cells, thus decreasing your risk for squamous cell carcinoma.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon