What is the Best Treatment for Large Pores?

Hello, I have enlarged/scarred pores. I've had a Micro laser peel, and I've had 3 treatments of Fraxel re:storeTM in the past without any results. What is the best laser or treatment to use on enlarged, scarred pores?

Best treatment for large pores?

+2

IMHO, the most cost effective treatment for large pores is an excellent skin health program.  You may not see many other doctors agree with me since this is not a very profitable recommendation.  Once the skin is "conditioned", medium depth chemical peels will be highly effective at giving you the results you are seeking.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Microneedling A Good Option for Enlarged Pores

+1
Microneedling treatments work great on enlarged pores and scarring. There is minimal downtime and the treatment is much safer than lasers. Since you’ve already had several laser treatments already, this may be your best option.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Faxel Laser for large pores

+1

Pores may become clogged and result in acne, or can appear as "blackheads," consisting of excess oil accumulation and keratin which turns black when exposed to air. However, even when the pores are free from debris, they can remain noticeable.Fraxel Re:Store erbium laser has expanded the realm of possibility for treatment outcomes. Numerous studies have proven that 3-5 sessions of the Fraxel can produce pores that are histologically, subjectively, and quantitatively smaller and less noticeable

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Pore reduction

+1

Pore reduction is best done with any of the "Fractional carbon dioxide lasers. Mixto Microfractional CO2, Fraxel Repair which is a CO2 laser not Fraxel restore (which is a lesser wavelength) are two examples. The most impertant questions are: What is the wavelength of the laser? Answer 10600 nanometers. and Does the laser drill small holes?

Michael Tomcik, MD
San Ramon Dermatologist

Fraxel re:pair for enlarged pores

+1

I know that you have not had the results that you were looking for with the previous Fraxel re:store treatments, but the new Fraxel re:pair CO2 laser impressively shrinks skin and tightens pores.

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel for Large Pores

+1
Thank you for your question. At my practice, I use Fraxel Laser treatment. Fraxel eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers, redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Daniel Shapiro, MD