What is the Best Treatment to Get Rid of Wrinkles Above the Upper Lip?

I have wrinkles that I hate above my upper lip. I know they are from sun damage and not smoking since I am a long distance runner.

3 docs and 3 sets of answers

+1

Any time you have 3 docs and three sets of answers you know theres not perfect solution to your problem.

First of all, protect yourself from the sun. You don't smoke but your sun exposure is aging your skin and this is the result.

Second, you can either fill the lines (fillers) or smooth the lines (Fraxel, laser, peels). All work work SOME and, unfortunately, NONE will completely erase the lines. Going into this with realistic expectations is critical to a successful outcome.

Third, all of these techniques can be repeated at some interval. In other words, if you like the laser result but want more, think about going back and repeating it 6 months later. Once your skin has a chance to heal, a second or even a third treatment will enhance your result significantly.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles on the upper lip

+1

Upper lip wrinkles can be improved in several ways.  FIrst, fillers can be used to fill the depressions, and then laser peels can be performed to soften the wrinkles as well.

Combination of fillers and skin resurfacing.

+1

A combination of fillers and skin resurfacing could be the ideal way to go. TCA Peels or laser resurfacing for the upper lip as well filler for deep lines could help.For future prevention sun screens should be used.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Lip lines

+1

The Fraxel re:pair is excellent for treatment of the upper lip lines and if some of the deeper ones are improved but still present, then they can be treated with fillers.  By doing the laser first you may eliminate the need for or reuqire less of the filler.  Fraxel re:pair can be repeated as well.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon