Botox Benefits: Why Should I get Botox Cosmetic?

I'm a bit unclear about botox benefits.  does it give you immediate results for wrinkles?

Botox is a powerful drug

+2

Botox relaxes muscles and thus reduces wrinkles in the face. Botox also stops excessive sweating.  Other medical uses are treatments of spasticity or pain.

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

The Benefits of Botox

+2
My Raleigh, North Ccarolina Plastic Surgery Practice is one of the top users of Botox in the country acccording to our Allergan representative. it is one of the most popular procedures we offer.
BOTOX ® is a protein complex that interferes with muscle contraction. It temporarily blocks nerve stimulation of muscles where it is injected, so that muscle contraction is weakened or inhibited. BOTOX ® has been safely used for many years to treat spasms of the muscles that move the eye (strabismus) and uncontrollable blinking (blepharospasm). In 2002 it was approved by the FDA for cosmetic use, and since that time it has been marketed as BOTOX ® Cosmetic.
Many facial wrinkles and creases are active lines caused by muscle contraction, which can be blocked by BOTOX ® injection. The effect is temporary, usually lasting 3 to 6 months. With repeated injection, the effect may regularly last up to 5 or 6 months. Although some wrinkles and creases may completely disappear (temporarily), it is important to understand that some may improve but not completely disappear. Some people (very few) are resistant to BOTOX ® and achieve little or no response.
Where does BOTOX ® work the best?
Areas of the face that respond well include 'crows feet' lines around the eyes, vertical frown lines between the eyebrows, and horizontal ('worry') lines on the forehead. BOTOX ® can also be administered just below the lateral aspect of the eyebrow to produce a temporary lateral browlift, which opens up and brightens the eyes.
In some instances, BOTOX ® can be used to soften vertical upper and lower lip lines, to reduce muscle bands in the anterior neck, and even to elevate the nasal tip. While there are some good 'lower face' indications for BOTOX ® administration, in my practice the majority of injections are for 'upper face' (especially eye area) rejuvenation.
One truly remarkable consequence of BOTOX ® administration that I have seen over and over again is the gradual complete disappearance of deep, vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown or 'scowl' lines). With long-standing muscle contraction, the vertical lines between the brows may become actual physical clefts or grooves in the dermis, resulting in creases that are still apparent even when the skin is spread apart tightly with a finger on each side of the crease. In such instances, the initial BOTOX ® injection will soften but not completely eliminate the deep furrow. With regular BOTOX ® treatment, however, such that the frown muscles are never allowed to fully regain their normal ability to contract, the deep furrows may gradually fade completely.
Some patients with chronic, deep furrows between the brows achieve improvement but not complete correction of these creases with repeated BOTOX ® injection. In these cases, a soft tissue filler can be used to eliminate what remains of the furrow. I have used Restylane for this indication in a number of patients with excellent results, and for several of these patients I have performed structural fat grafting of the remaining furrow to provide a permanent correction.
Michael Law MD
Raleigh, North Carolina

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox and wrinkles

+1

Botox is a great product when injected by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.    It usually takes 4 days to see the results.  Results can last 3 to 9 months, depending on the patient.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Botox Benefits

+1

Botox Cosmetic is a very flexible product.  The primary benefit of Botox is to relax muscles in especially between the brows, crow's feet, and forehead.  It is also used to treat excessive sweating.  Botox also can work for pain (such as migraine headaches) and spacticity.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Botox can prevent wrinkles from forming

+1

The benefit of Botox is that it works on everyone within days.  Botox works by weakening the muscles that form the wrinkles.  Botox, when injected by a skilled injector, should make you look rested and beautiful.  You should not look "frozen" or overdone.  You should look better and people should be unsure why you look so good!

Michele S. Green, MD

Why use Botox?

+1
If you are concerned about frown lines caused by muscle contraction, Botox will inhibit the contraction and thereby create a more relaxed appearance. This will reduce visible facial wrinkling which, in turn, produces a more youthful look. It is an excellent first step in facial rejuvenation and its use can delay the need for facial cosmetic surgery, make you look better for that special occasion or make you approach that job interview with more confidence.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Are the effects of Botox immediate?

+1

Botox begins to work 3-5 days after it is injected.  it does not work for all wrinkles--only it is effective for the dynamic wrinkles which are caused by contraction of the underlying facial muscles.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox Benefits

+1

BOTOX is an injectable solution of the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which reduces muscle activity. When injected between the brows, forehead, crows feet, and/or around the neckline, BOTOX relaxes the frown lines, and wrinkles disappear.

Although BOTOX is derived from the same bacteria which cause botulism, the concentration is far too low to be at all risky. A case of botulism would require an enormously greater exposure to the bacteria.

Most BOTOX treatments take about 10 minutes and involve only a few tiny injections. Within a day or two after the injections, you’ll find a noticeable difference. Your frown lines will be severely reduced. Your forehead will be smoother and healthier-looking. You’ll appear less “stressed.”

The effects of BOTOX last about four months. They improve moderate to severe frown lines.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Botox can relax your wrinkles

+1

Clostridium botulinum bacterium, most popularly known as Botox, is a purified protein that is used to ease the look of wrinkles in the face.  It is nonsurgical and physician administered aesthetic treatment to improve both  shallow and deep frown lines on the forehead.  People as young as 18 are eligible for treatment.  Small doses of Botox are injected into the underlying muscles to minimize the appearance of wrinkles by blocking nerve impulses that provoke wrinkle-causing muscle contractions.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

The Greatest Benefit of Botox is Prevention of Wrinkles

+1

I love Botox as a way to prevent dynamic wrinkles before they start. It is normal for all us to use various expressions such as frowning, raising our eyebrows to emphasize a point. These are subconscious actions that eventually crease the skin from repeated movement. If you can temporarily block those muscles, you can actually prevent those forehead/frown lines and crows feet. Once those lines are there at rest, you have to do more aggressive procedures like peels or resurfacing lasers to erase them. I first started botox on myself when I was 29 when it was first available for cosmetic use and I will be 43 soon.

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon