Tummy Tuck or Liposuction? (photo)

I am considering having either a tummy tuck or liposuction (body contouring & BBL) due to the fact that I dont want to look pregnant. My main concern is with my stomach area and the fatty pubic area. I have two kids (no more), I am 23 year old, weigh 180lbs. I dont necessarily have saggy skin but my abdominal skin is not as it use to. The reason I am considering liposuction because an not a tummy tuck is because I want to avoid the recovery and drains.

Liposuction on tummys

+1

usually produce little visible improvements in contours.  You have extra skin and if your goal is to remove the skin, a tummy tuck is mandatory.   Liposuction alone will likely leave you disappointed.

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+1

Liposuction will help you get rid of a lot of the extra fat that is bothering you in your abdominal area.  It will not get rid of the extra skin that you have however.  To get rid of that extra skin, a tummy tuck is what you need.  A tummy tuck will also help you tighten up your rectus muscles (your six pack abs).  Judging from your pictures, you will definitely get a better result from the tummy tuck.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

+1

Based upon the description and posted photos you need to lose 20 to 30 pounds FIRST. Than maybe consider liposuction. Or yes you can do lipo first than try to lose the weight. You posting your restrictions to drains and recovery time at this point eliminates you from a TT surgery, though it might attain the better result. Seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSS in your city. 

TT ot liposuction?

+1

It is difficult to teel just from the pgotos which procedure, TT or liposuction would be preferable. There is a suggestion that lipo may suffice and then you would be able to have the BBL done simultaneoulsy and use the abdominal donor dat for the transfer. But you need to be examined by a Board Certified plastic surgeon to be more certain of your preferred procedure. Good luck!

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Surgery is not your answer

+1

If you want to look better, the first thing you need to do is get our of our offices and go to a dietician and loose weight. Nothing you propose will work. I don't know what your BMI is, but I would bet it is over 30. Loose weight first then discuss what to do with the excess skin. Surgery is just extract money from your pocket, not make you fit into the clothes better.

Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photos, your options may focus on your goals.  If you want to debulk the fat of your abdomen, liposuction is a less involved answer.  I suspect however, you want a more significant "flat" result and tummy tuck would be needed.  This would allow your surgeon to remove fat, tighten skin and tighten the muscle all 3 of which are usually necessary to get that flat result.  I hope this information is helpful.

Tummy tuck or liposuction

+1

I always try to get patients to tell me and show me what they desire as their final result. That will always guide you in planning your surgery. For the complaints you describe and the desired result you describe, I believe only a tummy tuck with some contouring and BBL will provide that desired result.  Tightening loose muscles and flattening belly contour can only be achieved with a tummy tuck.  I hope that helps.  Good Luck 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Buttlift or Tummy Tuck

+1

If you want to have a high volume liposuction and transfer to the buttocks, it is reasonable to perform that procedure first.  You could always lose weight, but this will not improve your butt.  However, you will need a tummy tuck to address the loose skin issues in the future.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Based on your photos, you are a candidate for a Tummy Tuck.  I don't think that liposuction will give you the results you are looking for.   For the best result, it is best to get to the weight that you want to stay with prior to the surgery.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your desires and expectations.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Liposuction will address only excess fat, and the problems here include excess fat, redundant skin, and laxity of the abdominal muscles. All of those problems will be addressed by a TT. 

I fear that the improvement you would get with liposuction would not be enough for the expense and recovery. 

Either way, losing some weight before surgery will assure a better outcome. A tummy tuck will have a longer recovery period, but can be done without the use of drains if you so desire.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.