Best Laser Treatment for Papulosa Nigra?

I Am Westindian Would You Recommend an Erbium Laser for Treatment? My other option is a ND Yag laser? or other treatment?

Iridex 532 the best for this

+2

I have used this 532nm KTP laser for 13 years for DPN. My practice is in New Orleans and this is a very common complaint of African American patients as well as other ethnic groups. The spot size and energy is optimal and since 1997, I have never has one case of pigment change, keloid, or infection. I highly recommend it.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Dermatosa papulosa nigra

+1

Some lasers do have a risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Excessive heat from cauterization could cause either hyper or hypopigmentation. Don't forget about the possibility of meticulous snip removal done by the doctor. It works well and with very little risk of pigmentation change if done gently.

Ronald Shelton, MD