Smartlipo Ruined my Figure?

I would like some transparency on this issue that does not involve the typical response: Lipo is not an excuse to pig out and not exercise. I had smart lipo on abdomen and flanks; after 6 months, looked great. But then, time goes on and my abdomen is sagging and creased, my arms,butt, thighs, neck, and breasts have gotten large (especially my breasts..)I have rolls on my back. Before all this I just had a fat belly. Nothing has changed (no pigging out etc). Why won't doctors confront this,warn.

Smartlipo Ruined my Figure?

+1

Thank you for your question. Smart liposuction/laser liposuction are best treatments to help reduce fat cells.  Exercising and healthy lifestyle are recommended for maintenance.  As we mature, our bodies go through changes due to hormones. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Facts about Liposuction and Lifestyle

+1

Liposuction is not going to make you lose weight, nor will it make you gain weight.  

As you probably have heard before, it is a body contouring procedure and is ideal for people close to their ideal weight and specific problem areas.  Unless you change something after liposuction and increase activity, eat healthier or both, the weight that was removed from suctioning will be redistributed elsewhere.  You will still have same calorie input and output and the extra calories will be stored in whatever fat cells that are still left in the body.  

An liposuction, smartlipo or otherwise, is not an excuse to pig out and not exercise, nor is it a replacement for a healthy diet and exercise.  It works best as jumpstart for healthy lifestyle where you will see a visible difference after the procedure and hopefully get motivated to maintain or build on that improvement.  Or, if you have done a good job already maintaining your body and still have those small love handles or saddlebags you can't get rid of then in that case, removing 3 pounds from those hard-to-get-rid-of areas are not going to be visible when distributed over the rest of the body.    If you have a fat area and intend to change nothing except have liposuction, that won't make you less fat.  Those 10 pounds will just show up somewhere else. 

Those are the facts.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com