6 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck and Having Pain in Upper Right of BB?

HI, i am 6 weeks PO, tummy tuck. i am having pain upper right of BB like a knife stabbing me when i go to sit and than stand i am fine when i am in a reclined position, any insight would be greatly appreciated otherwise I'm healing fine, i have not yet returned to work or exercise,

Pain at 6 weeks post abdominoplasty

+2

If you are having pain that seems out of proportion to the procedure then you should be examined by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  

+2

Without a photo even a guess is difficult. There may be  a partially exposed suture that could explain this finding. But rather than offer what could be false reassurance, I would suggest a call in to your surgeon, who may be able to diagnose this over the phone after asking some questions, or may have you come in for evaluation.

All the best. 

+1

Dear Lennysmom,

Thank you for your post.  Photos help in the discussion. If there is any swelling or mass that can be felt under the skin in this area, or if there is redness, drainage, etc. then this would be more concerning.  You should still be seen by your plastic surgeon, regardless.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Pains 6 weeks after tummy tuck...

+1

if positional as you describe and you don't appreciate any obvious changes in the skin over the area of pain, its probably just nerves healing.  But as mentioned, you should keep your surgeon updated, especially if any changes are appreciated.

Curtis Wong, MD