What to Do About Upper and Lower Eyes? (photo)

I had upper and lower eyes done 15 years ago, after a few years, little flaps of skin hang down over eyelids, could I get that removed doing upper eye surgery and just have it done to the outside where the extra skin is without doing the inner part of the eyes. Also is it too soon to do my lower eyes again or do I just need filler? I'm having the II's between the brows and the crease done with botox and fillers. Also having lower facelift.

Options for your eyelids

+3

You have both excess loose skin and hollowness of the upper eyelids and both fat and hollowness of the lower eyelids. You can benefit from upper/lower blepharoplasty and fat/filler injections. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery is only rarely revised.

+2

I think the slight amount of redundant skin on the upper lids is due to brow ptosis. The medial fat compartment perhaps could benefit from trans conjunctival removal or redistribution over the orbital rim.

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty and browlift

+2

You cannot base your surgery on the single photo you posted because you are looking downward which distorts the anatomy around the eye. Your folds between the eyebrows are so deep that I doubt botox alone will efface them completely. Just removing a small ellipse of upper eyelid skin is possible but you need to make sure that this problem is not related to a drooping lacrimal gland. In the lower eyelids you have eyelid fat pads and malar fat pads-2 separate problems. Fillers alone will not address the malar bags. It is hard to say from the photo if you have much extra lower eyelid skin but I doubt it is more than a couple of millimeters. It would be important to know if the eyelid bags resolve on straight forward or upward gaze.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Eyes

+2

You need the uppers re done and I would probably re do the lowers. I do not like fillers for the lowers.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+2

Yes have the lateral excess skin removed from the uppers. The lower could use a canthopexy and fillers. 

Facial Treatments

+2

Thank you for your picture.  For your 11 lines the "active lines" can be treated with BOTOX®.  The excess skin of the upper lids can be removed.  I can't see your entire face but this is what I would due:

1. Good skin care regimen of sunscreen, Retin-A, and a moisturizer

2. A chemical Peel

3. Face lift and fat grafting several months after peel.  Lower eyelid can be addressed at that time.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty

+2

You would be a candidate for an upper and lower eyelids blepharoplasty.  The upper eyelid surgery could be skin only but will need to extend the entire length of the lid to look  right.   You have significant bags of the lower lids with lack of soft tissue fullness.  These features can be corrected with a lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  

15 years After Blepharoplasty

+2

Based on your photos, you are a candidate for upper and lower Blepharoplasty.  You continue to age, and many times this surgery needs to be redone years later.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

15 years after blepharoplasty

+2

I do not see you as a candidate for fillers for correction of the eyelids.  A secondary four-lid blepharoplasty would be appropriate. Botox can be used in the "11's".  I would not worry about surgical technique in terms of whether you need just the outer, upper lids done. This is a layman's misconception of the operation.  Trust your plastic surgeon who should know how to perform this operation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

15 years after blepharoplasty

+2

15 years after upper and lower blepharoplasty the same problems can appear although not to the same severity.

You can undergo the same upper and lower blepharoplasty to remove the extra skin in lateral (sides) of the upper eyelids and fat removal from lower eyelids.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon