What are the reasons why some doctors do a Tummy Tuck, BBL and Fat Transfer at the same time and other d multiple procedures?

Is it safer to do them in different procedures? I see lots of women doing both at once.

Tummy Tuck, BBL and Fat Transfer - same time or separately?

+1
Combination procedures may be performed together. Whether you are a reasonable candidate, however, for a combination of procedures depends on your anatomy, the extent of the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), the complexity of the surgery, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures, and the experience of your plastic surgeon..

Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective, but many surgeons would prefer performing these procedures in 2 separate operations for safety reasons to diminish the potential for complications. 

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. For many combination procedures, I would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be continually monitored.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with the plastic surgeon and have a consultation to see what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck, BBL and Fat Transfer

+1
This is one of our most popular combinations.  We routinely perform tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, and fat transfer during one operation.  You need to be a good candidate for the surgery, based upon your overall medical health, height and weight, and goals for surgery.  This combination of surgery is done in a hospital, with a certified anesthesiologist present, for your safety and comfort, and typically takes approximately three hours to complete this procedure (give or take 20-30 minutes).  Our facebook page has many examples of this combination performed in one setting.  I have attached a link to a photo of one of our patients that recently underwent this combination.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes and focuses on cosmetic body contouring surgery to help determine if you are a great candidate for this combination.  Thanks.

Joseph D. Alkon, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift

+1
I prefer to stage the tummy tuck, because I usually do a full undermining and along with harvesting fat from the abdomen may lead to compromise of the blood supply to the elevated abdominal flap which potentially can lead to flap loss.

What are the reasons why some doctors do a Tummy Tuck, BBL and Fat Transfer at the same time and other multiple procedures?

+1
To consider the combination, the patient must be healthy and a good candidate for each.  Second, the surgeon should be an expert at the procedures you want, and you must love the before and after pictures of that surgeon.  Third, your surgeon should be able to perform the tummy tuck, liposuction, and Brazilian buttlift in around 4 hours to limit the exposure to general anesthesia.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.