Should I purchase the one piece compression garment or two piece?

I'm having a TT with lipo and bbl. It seems that the separate garments makes better sense to me and would be easier to get on and off, also if your waist is extremely smaller than buttocks then it seems you would get too much compression in the buttocks area with an all one size garment. Which is the better way to go? Thanks

Garments

+3

I always recommend my patients to get a full one piece garment in order to have a bit more comfort during their recovery process.

Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments after tummy tuck, lipo and Brazilian Butt Lift

+2
Hi. While some patients fit one compression garment, often there are slight differences in your body shape to the 'standard' shape, and therefore a lot of patients find it more comfortable to wear 2 separate garments. All the best with your surgery. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Garment issue

+2
Hello, thank you for your question. I like using the one piece compression garment. The problem with a two piece garment is that if some skin is left in between, it will leave a window for edema. One piece garments offer a more uniform compression. As for the difference in waist line diameter Vs the hips, some manufacturers have actually addressed this problem by developing a special line for these types of bodies, so talk to your PS for advise in the matter. Good luck with the surgery. 

Jose A. León, MD

+1
I use two different garments on my patients, one for the first 7days (binder) and after the drained come off we use a regular garment with more compression to help you with the swelling. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD