Will This Pulled Look Relax and Correct Itself? (photo)

I am 18 days post op, I have a pulled look on the right side of my face and the jawline on the same side has a ridge right below the jawline that does not look normal, the right side is healing okay. I've been lightly massaging it daily. Should I be concerned at this point?

Post Op Facelift

+1

Hello Taylor- It would best to give advice with better standard photos (front, oblique and side..total of five). Your last two photos look okay for 2.5 wks postop. Your first photo looks a bit concerning but it may be how you have positioned your neck and photo. You are now almost 1.5 months postop and your facelift results should be looking pretty normal from the side, oblique and front. If not, please discuss with your surgeon and if answers and options are not satisfactory, then get a second opinion from an American Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Unwanted pulled look after facelift

+1

Your pictures are somewhat limited and have some central bulge lens artifact.  Swelling after a facelift can take weeks to months to settle down depending on the patient.  Therefore, judging your appearance 2.5 weeks after surgery is usually premature.  However, on your right side, at this stage postoperatively we typically would like to see a more even appearance to the face and neck after a facelift, such that the lifting vectors are distributed evenly over the entire side of the face instead of just along the jawline.  Time must be committed in a facelift surgery to lift and reposition the tissues in an even and meticulous fashion, rather than to simply place maximum pull in only one or two areas, which can cause a swoosh type of appearance to the lower face.  

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pulled look

+1

You have definite post-operative swelling still, however the dynamics and skin distribution of your facelift do not look correct. I fear that even when the swelling abates the results may still not be very good. Be prepared to see a new surgeon who may be willing and able to correct your problems.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1

Based on the pictures posted, being 18 days after some sort of a facelift, it does not look as I would expect. I would advise you to get a second opinion by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery). What was done? what is the surgery ? what was the qualifications of the surgeon? was it done in an accredited facility?