Would a Mini Arm Lift Work for Me? (photo)

I'm wanting to have an arm lift and have read horror stories on the pain and length of recovery. I would like to have a mini lift since I don't have much to take off. My main concern is the area right under the arm that is wrinkled and has a lot of excess skin but also concerned about the hanging skin. This excess skin does not go down the length of my arm to my elbow, that is why I thought I could have a mini lift.

Arm lift arm reduction brachioplasty arm liposuction mini arm lift massive weight loss excess skin

+1

Unfortunately, I do not think a mini arm lift would work for you. The mini arm lift or arm reduction is best reserved for patients with less fat in their arm and more excess skin next to their armpit or axilla.  Your best result would be an arm lift or arm reduction.  This is often called a brachioplasty.  This is often covered by insurance.  Getting rid of excess skin and fat and having a scar is a trade-off. Some people do not want a arm scar and therefore have to live with excess skin. Whereas other patients will do anything to get rid of the arm skin and fat and do not mind an inner arm scar. Since you don't want an inner arm scar, I would suggest arm liposuction alone.  After surgery, compression garments will be important to maximize the skin shrink wrapping around your arm and minimize arm swelling.  However, I would think again about the balance between having an arm scar and getting rid of the problem versus not having a arm scar and having just created a different arm problem. Your new arm problem may be rolls of arm skin.Good luck with your surgery. I hope this information helps.

Web reference: http://timothykatzenmd.com/body/arm-lift-brachioplasty/

Would a Mini Arm Lift Work for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. No, a “mini” arm lift procedure will not leave you with a satisfactory athletic result. Be careful with your decision-making;  it would be a shame to undergo a procedure that leaves you with less than desired result and in need of revisionary surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm

Mini Arm Lift Results?

+1

Thank you for your question. While mini arm lifts are appropriate for some individuals the majority of patients see the best results from a more extensive traditional arm lift. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon and make sure they detail the benefits and drawbacks of a mini vs. traditional lift. Scarring is always a concern, but you will have it with either procedure, albeit of different degrees. Elect the surgery that is going to give you the best results. Best of luck.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Would a Mini Arm Lift Work for Me?

+1

Based ONLY upon the ;posted photos a mini would be a poor choice. Because the excess skin DOES extend down the upper arm in the views posted. Best to see IN PERSON boarded PSs in your city/area. 

Mini vs. standard arm lift

+1

A mini lift will yield a mini result.  Your skin laxity appears to extend down to the level of the elbow.  A mini lift will not correct this problem.  The downside of a brachioplasty is the scar but the trade off is the result  It is difficult to tell from your photo if you are good candidate for a standard arm lift.  

Would a Mini Arm Lift Work for Me?

+1

The pictures may not provide enough information, but an axillary brachioplasty may be appropriate in your case.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Armlift--Brachioplasty--Photo-Galleries.php