Is Age a Factor in TT and BBL?

I am 58 years old, weigh 115 lbs at 5' 3", I'm in great health and shape except for my tummy and flattened rear. Do you think a TT and BBL is safe for me at my age? I know the recovery is very hard and wondered if I should have the tummy tuck first then go back for the butt lift withfat transfer, or just do everything all at one time. I just posted one picture to let you see that I am not obese. Thank you so much for your expertise.

Brazilian buttock lift (BBL) and Age factor

+1
Age is not really a factor. Is not how old you are, but how healthy are you? We have successfully performed BBL on patients over age sixty. As a matter of fact, most of our BBL patients are between age 25 and 81. The average age is about 55. We screen our patients very carefully and do not accept everyone into the practice. Some patients require medical clearance prior to the procedure. The best advice will be to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a full consultation.

Is Age a Factor in TT and BBL?

+1

Definitely  age is a big factor, but in your case 58 is fine, just that prior surgery you should have and CBC test, EKG and chest X-Ray. If all the results are fine you can have all the procedures together. 

Walkiris Robles, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

At 58 you are still young. The important decision making for surgery is not age rather the general health. A complete clearance from your family physician including history physical examination , blood work, EKG is needed before surgery. Choosing the right plastic surgeon for you is as important

Is Age a Factor in TT and BBL?

+1

I think that if you are healthy and obtain a medical clearance, then you could have both surgeries performed.   I perform both together and at separate times depending upon a number of factors such as patient request and amount of available donor fat.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Age

+1

your overall health status is more important than age alone.  please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS