I Want to Find a Doctor Who Specializes in Men for Body Lift?

My son has lost 340 lbs. He went from 578 to 240 pounds. He needs a body lift, chest lift and thigh lift. How can I find a doctor who has worked on men who have lost such a massive amount of weight?

+1

What you really want is someone experienced with surgery on massive weight loss patients--the surgery will be pretty much the same regardless of gender. Only breast management will be different, and if anything less complex for men. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

If your son had a physician who helped medically or surgically with the weight loss, that person would be a good referral source. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Body lift surgery in Men

+1

Body lift surgery is done most commonly for massive weight loss patients, and men are no exception.  You can start by asking around in your community or go to the website at ASPS or ASAPS for local names.  Good luck.

Body lift doctors

+1

Congratulations to your son for saving his life! Body lifting is a specific subspecialty of plastic surgery and those who do it do both men and women.  So I wouldn't limit your search to just ones for men but for ones who specialize in body lifts in general.  Not much difference between men and women here other than breasts.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Plastic Surgeon Specializing in Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss in Males

+1

In general, body contouring specialists do not limit their practice to specifically men.  If you find a plastic surgeon who does these lifts on a regular basis and does hundreds of body contouring procedures each year, this would be a good start.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA