I have wrinkles after Juvederm injected in nasolabial folds. Is this normal? (photo)

I had Juvederm injected in my nasolabial folds for the first time three days ago. I am pretty happy with the results, but I also thought that the injections would remove the two obvious lines on each side (one near the bruise and one on the other side, below my nose) . They are actually more obvious than this photo shows and were one of the main reasons I wanted to try a filler at 30 years old. Would move Juvederm help?

Juvederm in the Nasolabial Folds

+2
It appears you have a nice result of Juvederm in the nasolabial folds or smile lines.  In my practice, I explain that Juvederm in this area will soften the line, but not obliterate them.  If the smile lines completely disappear, it can look unnatural or "done".  If you believe the nasolabial folds remain deep, then you could consider additional filler.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

It appears as though you received a great treatment for your nasolabial folds.

+1
It appears as though you received a great treatment for your nasolabial folds. If the lines are smaller and more superficial you may need a different injecting technique to correct this - to fill fine lines, not volume. Schedule a follow up appointment with your injector to have an assessment for this. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Wrinkles after Juvederm

+1
Based on the photo, you appear to have had a good treatment for the nasolabial folds. The look is natural and it seems to have successfully softened the area. The photo is difficult to ascertain if you need more. If you feel that you would like to explore, ask your injector his or her opinion.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lines vs Folds

+1
You are talking about two different concerns, a fold and a line.

Nasolabial folds are deep, in order to improve them the Juvederm (or other product) needs to be injected deeply to improve the depression.

The lines you see are superficial and require a different injection technique and possibly a different product.

I like to treat these superficial lines with Belotero. Belotero is a Hyaluronic Acid filler like Juvederm however, its molecule is double cross linked to better integrate into your skin and mold to your facial contours. This product is an excellent choice for superficial lines and it won’t leave you lumpy and bumpy.

It is important to specify the exact concerns you want improved when consulting with your Board Certified Dermatologist so that you can get the best results.

For more information on Belotero click link below:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Residual lines after Juvederm injection

+1
It is important to keep in mind the goal of filler treatment is to make people look youthful in a natural way, not necessarily to eliminate all wrinkles or lines.  If too much product is place in the nasolabial folds an unnatural appearance with smiling can result.  I would recommend waiting a couple of weeks for the product to settle in and then let the physician who performed the injections reevaluate you.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

I have wrinkles after Juvederm injected in nasolabial folds. Is this normal?

+1
Either the Juvederm was injected to deeply into the deep dermis or not enough filler was injected??? For your issue of the very very fine line in the NL fold I use micro injection techniques. That is I use a insulin syringe re loaded with the filler to just place the filler very superficially in the fine line.. There is an added cost for this technique but well worth it... 

Still have a bit of a line after Juvederm

+1
Without a pre-photo this is a bit hard to assess. But in each syringe there is only so much volume (liquid). I assume your lines were deeper in certain areas than in others, as is most often the case, so your injector probably filled these areas more and the others less. So, if you want more of the line gone, you will need more filler added with an additional syringe. I try to remind people that with any treatment we don't want to take away every line or movement though. You still want to have natural movement, just not as deep of lines. Meet with your injector to discuss it more and see if adding another syringe will help.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Residual lines after Juvederm

+1
Juvederm and the other HA fillers will help to soften the lines.  IT can be very hard to totally eliminate certain lines, especially when you have had them for a long time and if they are your expression lines.  You appear to have a good result.  You could always have a little more put into the lines if you want to try and improve them.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lines

+1
If you are happy with your naso-labial folds the you have a good result. Fine lines are very hard to erase with a filler. They improve but, often are still visible

David A. Bray, Sr., MD