Does my Revision Look Like It Will Balance Out? The Left Looks a LOT Higher Than the Right? (photo)

I feel like they are going to be very uneven again. My original surgery was 10/11/02011. I noticed in the first week that the right one was lower, possibly too big of a pocket made. they both bottomed out, my nipples never fit inside a bra or hardly a tank top. Now it looks like the left has been sutured higher than the right. What are the chances of them evening out and looking even/normal? Its only been five days. All feedback and comments are appreciated!

Breast augmentation revision

+1

I think your revision looks goor for 4 days out.  Revision surgeries are always more difficult and results are harder to predict than the original surgery. The breasts are going to heal at different rates so assymetry is expected during the first few weeks.  I would try to be patient and wait a couple of months, then if you are still unhappy return to your PS.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Revisions take just as much time as the original surgery to settle.

+1

At 5 days it is far too early to judge position. It is natural to question the position after having the amount of bottoming out that you had, but you need to give it time for everything to settle. Not all repairs follow the same timeline and it is normal for each breast to take a different course to its final position. Recommendation is to wait a good 3 months before judging the results.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry post aug

+1

I think you need to give this more time since you are only 5 days post op.You may want to put a bra starp in place to push the left down but check with your surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast issues

+1

I think that the result you have now looks much better tahn what you started with. It is still quite early and time will tell.  Overall, I think it looks very good.

Does my Revision Look Like It Will Balance Out? The Left Looks a LOT Higher Than the Right?

+1

At this very very early stage very hard to advise. But the result looks great at this point. Continue following your surgeon's advise. 

Revision of bottomed out breast implants

+1

I agree with Dr. Gottlieb.  You can't tell what your result will be for about 3 months.  You have had a significant improvement and hopefully it will stay that way and smooth out for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Revision

+1

First of all, I see a dramatic improvement.

These look pretty even to me, though a photo is not as good as a live 3 dimensional view and there is no side view of the right side for comparison.  At any rate, four days is way too early to  evaluate symmetry--allow three months or so.

In the meantime, continue to follow the  postop instructions for massage, etc. Follow up with your surgeon and let the surgeon know about any concerns. 

Thanks for the question, and for the photos. Best wishes.