Are the before and after pictures be a realistic outcome for me? (photos)

I would like to know if this before and after (edited photo) of myself is a somewhat attainable and realistic outcome?with tummy tuck and hip lipo.? Any other suggestions to obtain this shape contour?

Result after Tummy Tuck

+2
With liposuction to the front of the abdomen and the hips, this is somewhat close to what your result will look like, but your waistline may not be quite as small (hard to tell without an in person consult). If you want the best result possible, lose as much weight as possible before contouring, but you will likely have an excellent result with surgery alone.

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Realistic outcome

+2
Hello and thank you for your question.  I don't know if you edited the photos or they were done at a consultation,  but I will caution you to NOT think that you could look like that. You may but you could be very disappointed by your ultimate result. There are 2 options for obtaining good results for you. If you are a weight loss patient and your lateral thighs and buttocks are lax, then you would most likely need a lower body lift. This consists of; 
I. A full tt. 
2. A mons lift. 
3.  A strong lateral thigh lift. 
4.  Buttock lift. 
5.  Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips if wanted or suggested. I always augment the hips (my own technique ) so that your trunk is not masulinizes as is so common after lower body lift. It also leads to a narrower waist.
If not interested in the buttocks and upper thigh then a full tt with aggressive liposuction and probably with lipo injections to the hips should also give a result that would please you.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Decent Tummy Tuck simulation

+2

Thanks for your photos and your question. 

It looks like a realistic expectation (the simulation). An important liposuction must be done in your waist and a good muscle suture should be performed in your abdominal rectus (to create a good "corset" effect and narrow your waist diameter. 
Stretch marks in your thighs would still remain the way they are. 

For more info about this procedure, feel free to contact me. 

Take care, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

Simulation for tummy tuck results

+2
This is interesting - I have not seen simulation photos done for body contouring surgery. We do them all the time for rhinoplasty surgery. Back to your question - I think its a fairly reasonable result - you probably will have more fattiness and stretch marks then is evident in the 'simulation' photo. Definitive improvements in skin laxity, mons laxity and fattiness along your waist and hips could be achieved with a tummy tuck and liposuction of the waist and hips.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Will this be my result

+1
Your photo-editing has creating a somewhat idealized result. Your belly button will not be as perfect, your waist will not be so narrow but you will probably have a very dramatic result if you have a tummy tuck.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Realistic outcomes from abdominoplasty/liposuction.

+1
The edited photos you made narrow your waist by several inches. This cannot be obtained with a tummy tuck and liposuction. However, an improvement in the excess skin and over contour can be attained. You would require a full abdominoplasty. Liposuction of the flanks and thighs would also help the overall appearance of your trunk. The scar would extend from hip to hip. Regardless, most women are very happy with their results despite the scar. If you choose to go forward with a consultation - be sure to schedule with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Are the before and after pictures be a realistic outcome for me?

+1
Thanks for your question and photos. I am ususally very leery of "wish photos". They are frequently untrealistic. In your case, howver, your desired looks is not far from what I feel is anattainable goal. Realize that inorder to achievethis look you will definitely need to have a tummy tuck with lipo of hips and flanks. Your photoshopped after does not show a tummy tuck incison. That being said, you need to remember that moving pixels on a screen is very different than dealing with live tissue. I would strongy suggest you do lots and lots of research before choosing youir surgeon.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the Miami area for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing tummy tucks. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthsiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck

I wish you the best in your search....... Good luck, Dr. PG

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Tummy Tuck/Liposuction Result Expectations

+1
The imaged results you have shown are probably overly optimistic for a combined tummy tuck and liposuction result. While it is possible that something close to that result is obtainable, a more realistic approach is to anticipate a result that is halfway between where you are now and this ideal result. By taking this approach you will then not be disappointed should you have surgery. It is important to understand that surgery is not like Photoshop, its role is one of communication and management of  patient expectations...and your imaging efforts has done exactly that.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Realistic expectation

+1
Thank you for your picture. I think that your wish picture is very realistic. You should have several consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's  a surgeon that can potentially come close to your wish picture and that you trust

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
I would caution you on using these pictures to set expectations for your post-operative result. Clearly these are computer altered images which is very difficult to realistically do with the trunk area.  You can see in the after that it has also altered the appearance of the skin in general, including on the thighs. Other than the skin being pulled taut on the abdomen and excess skin being removed, the overall quality and appearance of your skin in general will not change; especially on the thighs!  Also, clearly after a TT you will have a scar. This picture shows no scar so of course looks great!  Scars are a part of any surgical procedure and showing an after picture without a scar, in my opinion, gives a false and unrealistic expectation as to what can be achieved.  The choice of operation is possibly correct but without posterior pictures it is difficult to say.  I agree that you need some liposuction on the flanks but the flanks (side of abdomen) is not the same as the hip area (side of hip bone/thigh area).  Make sure you have consultations with board certified plastic surgeons with experience in body contouring surgery and choose one with whom you feel most comfortable. Make sure you are on a healthy diet/exercise plan if you are not already as this will only make your results more optimal. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon