My Boobs Have Grown Twice the Size Since I Had Implants Nine Yrs Ago?

Since I had implants 9 yrs ago my boobs have doubled in size if I have the implants removed 310cc will my boobs still look big as I seem to have grown a lot of breast tissue ??

Removing implants years later?

Our breasts change as we get older - in size and consistency (fat versus breast tissue).  The skin tends to thin and lose elasticity.  It is hard to estimate what you might need without seeing photos or examining you in person.  Most women in this situation would desire a breast lift if removing the implants will result in  droopier breasts.  Removing the implants will cause your breasts to decrease in size, since the implants are taking up space and adding to your natural breast volume. 

Missoula Plastic Surgeon

60 Four Mile Drive
Kalispell, MT 59901

Lift after removal?

This is a very common scenario. Breasts change from being very glandular to more fatty with age. Subsequent weight changes therefore might be appreciated in breast size as time goes on. In trying to decide whether or not a lift will be necessary, this is largely dependent on the position of the nipple areolar complex. Consultation with your surgeon should help clarify this. While implants don't lift the breast, they do push the breast outward. As the breast elasticity decreases this can result is stretch of the skin. It is not uncommon to perform a conservative lift and reduce the skin envelope to account for this. Best of luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

3003 Bee Caves Road
Austin, TX 78746

Breast Implant Removal after Massive Growth in Size?

Thank you for your question. If you remove the implant, they will head South, and you will likely need a lift/mastopexy. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for advise. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Breasts Doubling in Size

Implant removal is reasonable, but very few women can remove implants after 9 years and not need a lift. 

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Implant removal?

Removing 300 cc implants may make your breasts sag. It is hard to predict what size you will be left with without an exam.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

?Remove implants after breast size increase.

Removing the implants will make you smaller, and if indeed your breasts seem too large, that seems reasonable. What is hard to predict is whether or not you have enough excess of skin that a breast lift would be recommended, either at the time of removal or at a later time. Seeing a plastic surgeon in consultation will give far better info than you will get online. Thanks, best wishes. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Enlarging Implants After Breast Augmentation

Thanks for asking the question.  My suggestion is for you to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a personal consult to get the best advice on this issue.  Unfortunately, without a direct examination, there is no way to give you any accurate information on your particular problem.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

1357 Hembree Rd
Roswell, GA 30076