I'm 24 yrs old. Will getting my forehead lowered is a better option than hair transplant to achieve smaller forehead? (photos)

I asked about a hair transplant already and the replies said because of my age I should start with medication. I heard that propecia can stop a receding hairline but can't grow hair where it's already fallen out. I really hate how big my forehead looks because of my hair line and it's all crooked now and just makes my whole face look out of proportion. I've tried the bald look and just didn't suit me at all. I'm tired of wearing hats and want to nip this in the bud before it's to late! Thanks!

Desperate for hair? Surgery? Propecia?

+1
You obviously have a signficant balding pattern that is better addressed a bit later in life. However, many young men have hair transplants, frontal flaps and hairline lowering/forehead reduction operations after being fully informed of the future permanence of the result. These hair restoration surgeries can often give you the the full looking head of hair results you are looking for lasting about 10 years and often many more. These years can be very important for career, social life and self confidence and hair can be very important . Future work may need to be done and this must be understood.  See a hair restoration specialist and (more than one) and understand the options.
I agree that Propecia will not give you the full looking front hair coverage you are after. It certainly may help maintain a good surgical result for a longer time.  

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant

+1
Your best option is to consult with a hair transplant specialist. You are only 24 and unfortunately your hair is more than likely to continue to recede.  You will not want a forehead lowering procedure as the scar will be noticeable once the hair recedes past the current hairline.  It is a  good procedure for women and men without receding hairline.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss is not treated in males by lowering the hairline since baldness always progresses.

+1
Hair loss is not treated in males by lowering the hairline since baldness always progresses. The hair loss can be treated with transplants or with The Fleming Mayer Flap. Each has advantages and disadvantages so see a surgeon who does both before proceeding.