Is it possible to correct a nose which curves to one side? I want to be more symmetrical. (photo)

I have always been bothered by my face being asymmetrical. I remember when I was 13 staring into mirrors and wondering why my face wasn't like everyone else's. As I am about to hit 30, the problem has seemed to get worse and bother me more. I know am a beautiful woman despite this. I have worked on my other features, like my hair, figure, and eyes to try to distract from how my face is asymmetrical. I haven't seen before and after pics where this sort of problem is corrected. How about a slightly crooked mouth? I Please help.

Crooked nose

+2
Nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) can be used to straighten the nose. The exact treatment varies depending upon what anatomical abnormality is causing the deviation. Sometimes it is caused by a crooked nasal septum, sometimes by malpositioned nasal bones. An “in person" examination and consultation would be necessary to determine what specific procedure would help you. Wishing you good luck!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a curved nose is difficult but achievable and needs to be done in light of facial symmetry

+2
Dear HollywoodKelly,

Most women are very cognizant of their facial asymmetry without even knowing it...its why most women will have a favorite side when taking pictures. Based on the picture above the left side of your face is slightly more dominant which may be one of the reasons you feel your nose curves one way or the other. 

When making a crooked nose straight it is very important to understand that it is the front view that is most important as it is in this position where we carry the majority of our conversations. There are many surgeons who will attempt "straighten" a nose by simply camouflaging it. In other words, they can place grafts which generally will widen the nose in order to make it look straighter, without necessarily straightening its underlying structure. In our practice, we feel it is important to first straighten the underlying structure and only thereafter if necessary use any grafts for final touches.

Occasionally, if the facial asymmetry is a major issue we discuss fillers or fat transfer as options to help achieve more facial symmetry.

Peyman Solieman, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate to straighten the crooked and asymmetric nose

+2
There are many reasons the nose can become crooked from either nasal trauma or simply grows that way with facial asymmetry. To repair a crooked nose, medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are required along with a spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage on one side.  Expect approximately 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the procedure. 

Facial Asymmetry

+2
Everyone has some degree of asymmetry in their faces.  However, if the asymmetry is significant, it can be improved using several options.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can guide you with the best option for you and assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Treatment for curved and asymmetric/ crooked nose

+1
Thanks for your photos and question.
The curved and crooked nose can have many reasons and depending on  the cause, a variety of different techniques can be used.
-If it is secondary to asymmetric growth of the nasal bones and cartilage, a combination of re-aligning of-the nasal bones and cartilage can correct the problem.
-If there is deviation of the structure of the septum, a combination of septoplasty and rhinoplasty can correct asymmetry and deviation.
-If it due to facial asymmetry a combination of filler and fat transfer can be done to improve symmetry.

Please consider in person consultation with an excellent board certified plastic surgeon with great reputation and passion for rhinoplasty. 
A computerized morphing of your pictures allows you to see what can be done and what to expect from your procedure.
Hope this was helpful.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for asymmetry

+1
Correction of asymmetry with rhinoplasty can be difficult and inconsistent despite numerous strategies devised to deal with it.   Your asymmetry can be improved but perhaps not made perfectly symmetric.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Symmetry

+1
Procedures can be performed to help correct asymmetries of the nose or face but an in person consultation, full examination and digital photos would be needed to fully inform you as to what and what cannot be accomplished with surgery

Dr Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the asymmetrical nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty for the asymmetrical nose can be done to correct this problem. I need to feel the nose to know which of several methods would work for you. 

Is it possible to correct a nose which curves to one side? I want to be more symmetrical.

+1
         A closed rhinoplasty can be used to improve the shape of the nose.  The lip asymmetry I would have to examine in person.

Treatment of Asymmetrical, Curved Nose

+1
An asymmetrical or deviated nose can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist because it can be a very challenging procedure to change this unwanted nasal characteristic. Augmentation of the lips can be done if the crookedness is secondary to volume differences.