Should I get an Asian Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I believe I have a nose shape called Bulbous (you can correct me if I'm wrong from my pictures). I was quite self conscious about it, Always using makeup to give an illusion that I have a slightly thinner nose, but I am tired of doing it since it doesn't achieve the look I really want. I want to make the side thin, have a more sharp tip with a higher bridge that's narrow.Whats the best revision method that will make it still look natural without the obvious fake bridge? Thanks

Subtle changes are all that I would recommend

+2

It is very difficult to tell from your pictures exactly what you may or may not "need". You appear to have some mild supra tip fullness and rounding of the bottom of the tip as well as a very small amount of excessive "width". This is very subjective based on your provided pictures. Improving the supra tip area by reducing the size of the lower cartilages slightly, removing a small amount of likely excessive fatty tissue which is common in Asian noses with a subtle cap or tip graft would likely give you a nice result. Hope that helps.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1
You have a lovely face.  Your nose is wide and distracts from the overall harmony of your face.  I think you would likely be very happy with a rhinoplasties so long as it was done well.  See experienced and education in your surgeon.  Few surgeons have gone on to get extra focused  experienced education in the form of a rhinoplasty fellowship.  If you can find a surgeon in your area who has, he/she is worthy of consideration.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Should I get an Asian Rhinoplasty?

+1

The bulbous tip can be refined, and the bridge can be narrowed and made higher.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

The first step in getting the natural look you want is choosing a qualified, experienced facial plastic surgeon who is well-versed in Asian rhinoplasty. I commonly treat patients in Los Angeles looking to alter the nose while still maintaining important cultural characteristics. A bulbous nose can definitely be slimmed and the bridge narrowed.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

I agree that you would benefit from asian rhinoplasty and the general goals would be as you stated, to get an overall narrower appearance and better definition at the tip. Defatting the tip in the appropriate way will further improve that area. The photos with makeup make it difficult to assess to what degree this is possible. I would finish by recommending only all natural tissues, no synthetic implants.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Seeking an Asian Nose

+1

Over the past 35 years I've seen many young ladies from different ethnic groups that have a nasal contour similar to yours. Your tip is bulbous and the base of your nose is wide. Without additional pictures it is difficult to make recommendations. For example, I need to see a profile view which is very important in a nose like yours. Go to my website for instructions on pictures to submit for nasal evaluation.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1
The bulbous tip is best addressed with suture techniques on the lower lateral cartilages, and sometimes adding a additional graft called a "cap" graft to the tip to give more projection and definition. Osteotomies will be required to narrow the sidewalls, but it depends upon the height of the sidewalls in Asian rhinoplasty. Thick nasal tip skin will be an impediment to seeing in the full results of the rhinoplasty procedure

Natural rhinoplasty for the Asian nose.

+1

Natural rhinoplasty for the Asian nose can be done with only subtle changes to your nose. For 35 years I have used septal cartilage to raise the bridge with excellent results. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

From your photos, you have very attractive facial features, including your nose, and I would not suggest any major cosmetic corrections. However, there are tip rhinoplasty procedures which can narrow or reduce the size of the nasal tip. Before proceeding with a surgery, be certain to ask your surgeon to see similar patients, such as yourself, who have had a tip rhinoplasty. This can help you decide if the procedure is right for you. Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

Thank you for the photos but they are not really adequate to truly evaluate your nose. If you are unhappy with the width of your tip and bridge and the height of your dorsum, these are certainly areas that can be improved with surgery. I would seek a board certified PS or surgeons in your area who are experts in nasal surgery and get their opinion after a full examination.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon