No Fillers Lasting in Lips? (photO)

I am a 32yr woman with average to almost plump lips. I like a full look and decided to try injectibles. My first injection of Juvederm (one syringe) lasted only a month. I went back to my derm who repeated the injections with Juvederm. This lasted about a month. Went back again, my Dr. injected Belotera and this lasted barely two weeks. As a last resort, I went back AGAIN and my derm did "a deep injection of Perlaine" and it lasted 1.5 months. Is there any way to get fuller lips?

Filler in lip not lasting

+1

I'm surprised to hear how short a duration you're getting with juvederm and belotera and perlane; this is very uncommon. That said, I would keep trying other fillers, or consider fat transfer or lip implants. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

No Fillers Lasting in Lips?

+1

Not sure why the Juvederm and other fillers do seem to sty in your lips?  If you're looking for a more permanent Lip Augmentation, I use Alloderm Lip Implants that last about 7 years.  Alloderm also has the ability to add more fullness than filers and is more reliable than fat injections IMHO.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/LipAugmentation.html

Lip fillers

+1

If a patient requires that much filler to get fuller lips I suggest either fat grafting or lip augmentation surgery. Fat injections are very safe as it is ur own fat and it tends to last a long time. Lip augmentation surgery is great too as it doesn't leave any scarring nor does it involve any permanent fillers. 

Permanent Lip Fillers

+1

You may want to consider lipostructure to the lips. A small amount of fat is harvested from an area you would like to donate on your body and reinjected to the lips. This does have a good bit of recovery, roughly around a week to two weeks. However, since it is your own fat it tends to last longer than the other fillers.

Fillers in the lips

+1

I always let my patients know that nonpermanent fillers in the lips do not last very long as this is a dynamic location that through mouth movements slowly extrudes out the filler. I would discourage looking for that permanent fix as patients that look for that are often disappointed and cannot remove the more permanent fillers.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't give up

+1

Hi

Some patients require more volume and more frequent injections and slowly it will build up.  The results are never the same as the first few days immediately after the injection since there is fluid and swelling there at that time.  Juvederm ultra or ultra plus, Restylane and Perlane are the best options.  Iv had a handful of patients who required much more volume and much more frequent injections but eventually it did start building up and lasting a very long time.  Hopefully your doctor is working with you on the price of syringes to help you not break the bank.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers not working in lips

+1

It is highly unusual for fillers like hyaluronic acids to not work in the lips or work for a little time. However, if it continues to happen you would be a candidate for a lip implant made out of Gortex which will do the job permanently.

Regards

Dr J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

No Fillers Lasting in Lips?

+1

Maybe you need more VOLUME than one syringe! Try 2 cc of Juvederm on upper lip. Return to office at 3 weeks for additional injection. Or a semi permanent lip enhancer. 

Juvederm to Lips Not Lasting

+1

Although the typical injection of Juvederm in the lips should last 6 months, you have given it several tries.  You could try fat grafting to the lips, which has the potential to create a permanent result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who has a great deal of experience with facial fat grafting. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Fillers not lasting well in the lips

+1

Typically, Juvederm lasts much better in lips, generally 6-8 months.  I have had a few patients who experienced shorter duration of effect (though not as short as yours) who did well with a very soft permanent lip implant.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon