5 months post op, what is causing the pain and swelling?

Will be 5months po on march12th still having pain to the touch on stomach from under breast to top of Bb swollen and bulgy feeling most of the time if I even brush my skin in this area it's very painful! My ps has assured me again at my last app (1week ago) that my muscle repair is intact anud there is no fluid! Is there anything that my ps is missing or do I just need to give it more time?

Upper part of tummy tuck still hurts at 5 months

+1
Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

If  your surgeon can find nothing wrong, it is possible that it is the internal muscle sutures causing the swelling and bulging - and swelling causes numbness. 

The important thing is if things are improving, even if very slowly. 
If so, then all is well and your recovery is just a matter of time. 

Hope you find this answer helpful. Have a great day!

Post op concerns

+1
It is very difficult answer your question without a formal examination or at least some photographs.  I would advise you to continue discussion with your plastic surgeon and to post photographs for us to potentially give you better advice.  

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon