What Went Wrong with my Nose? (photo)

1.5 months after rhinoplasty and my nose looks wider and distorted than my old nose. what went wrong? do i have a inverted v deformity? could this eventually turn into a good nose? please help

Healing from rhinoplasty

+2

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with your result following surgery. 1.5 months is still very soon after your procedure, and you are experiencing swelling. From your photos, it does not appear you have an inverted-V deformity. Your nose will continue to change throughout the healing process, and your final result may not be evident for a year. In general, the side effects of a rhinoplasty can include:

1) Bruising
2) Swelling
3) Congestion
4) Asymmetrical result due to swelling
5) Mild pain that can be controlled with pain medication

I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns while you are healing. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty and Shape Concerns, Inverted V Concerns

+2

Although the pictures are small, the tip appears more refined and you appear to have less dorsal irregularity.  At 6 weeks, a significant component of swelling is present.  It is hard to comment on inverted V, but it is not apparent on the small photo on the right.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

1.5 months post surgery

+2

1.5 months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

1.5 months post op

+1

Hi,

Its very difficult to see whats going on with the pics you sent. However, it is also early postop but if you already see a inverted V deformity, I dont think that will change.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Photos and rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the photos but they do not give enough information.  It is best to show other views as well. Most likely you still have alot of swelling and will have to be patient.

Just one month could turn into a good nose

+1

Can't tell if you have an inverted V and it usually will take longer to appear. At just one month plus, your nose will change considerably and things can turn out well.

Rhinoplasty post-op

+1

Dear Shelly,

• I would still give it time since the tip is the last place where swelling hides and you will notice big changes in months 3-6
  • Please bring these issues up with your surgeon so you can be reassured
  • I don't think you have an inverted V deformity, at least not based on your pics

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD