What went wrong or should be fixed with my septorhinoplasty results? (Photo)

I really need an opinion other than my surgeon's. 8 wks post closed septo w/osteometies & hump shaved. I am so unhappy! I want to fix it! What went wrong & what needs done now?

Patience with Healing after Rhinoplasty

+2
Dear tammym
  • clearly you are not happy at this early stage of healing, but you can only be patient at this point
  • the bone will heal with a callous at first, then improve with time.
  • If after 6-12 months, you are still seeing a hump- you can discuss a revision 
Best Wishes

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Reduction

+1
I can see that the bone and cartilage in the dorsum is not what you wanted.  He/she obviously just didn't take down enough.  As a revision rhinoplasty surgeon, I would rather the first surgeon do too little, than too much.  But, it still needs work.  I am willing to do just dorsal work earlier than the standard "one year out" from the first surgery.  If you wanted a revision to the tip, I would wait until after you pass at least the 6-9 month mark.  I generally ask patients to wait, not because I think you will get to the point that you are happy.  But rather, to let the scar tissue mature, the swelling to completely resolve and to create the best surgical situation possible to that you will need one more (and only one more) rhinoplasty.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

What went wrong or should be fixed with my septorhinoplasty results?

+1
Appears as a very very conservative rhino portion of the operation. But that is the area that is most seen. After 6 months consider revision... 

Dorsal hump

+1
It looks like you have a residual dorsal hump that may need to be revised in the future. At eight weeks, it is too early to do anything.

Perisitent Dorsal Hump

+1
Hi,

It looks like you have a persistent dorsal hump. The area where the bony and cartilagenous dorsum fuse is not adequately reduced. This needs to taken down some more as well as the dorsal caudal septum.
Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Cannot tell hump results at 8 weeks.

+1
Cannot tell hump results at 8 weeks. You need to return to your surgeon and let him feel all.     

Hump

+1
Thank you for the photos and it is still early to truly evaluate your nose but from what you have sent it appears you would benefit from further reduction of your hump Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon