I've Provided Pre/Post-Op Photos, Can Someone Tell Me What Went Wrong With My Tummy Tuck?

I had a mommy make-over on 9/01/11, I am 9 days post op. I am very much displeased with the results of my tummy tuck. My dr. keeps reassuring me that it's just been one week and I'm swollen, but I know that's not the case. Can anyone shed light on what was done incorrectly? I should be flat with some swelling, not have two humps in the middle, you can't even see my belly button and I am getting irritation and sores where the skin folds together in the middle. I would appreciate any advice.

Tummy Tuck - Early Post Operative Advice

+1

I agree with your plastic surgeon that it is too early to make any decisions on what the final outcome will be only 9 days after a tummy tuck.  You have a lot a swelling in the midline, and therefore I would do ultrasound on your abdomen at this time to decrease swelling.  The ultrasound I refer to is the therapeutic ultrasound the physical therapists use to treat sore muscles.  This will bring blood supply to the area and help take away injured tissue to allow swelling to decrease.  I would also consider the use of DMSO as this is the world's best anti-inflammatory. 

The two modalities that I listed above should hasten the resolution of your swelling to allow you and your plastic surgeon to determine if a touch up might be necessary. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon