I Went to Try on Wedding Dresses Two Weeks After Rhinoplasty. Can I Continue Doing So?

I went to try on wedding dresses and my nose started hurting a little bit since I had not done any exercise...I really need to find a dress but am wondering if it is safe to go on to bridal stores and try them on?

Trying Wedding Dresses After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Congratulations in advance on your wedding and on your "new nose".

Trying wedding dresses and going on with your daily activities normally without causing nasal traumas is the key. I believe that as far as you are careful, you should be fine.

Thank you for your questions.

Best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Activity level after Rhinoplasty

+1
First of all congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You wont hurt a thing trying on wedding dresses. Just be careful not to bump your nose if pulling clothes over your head.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safe

+1

Sure, just make sure that you do not bump or traumatize your now in the process.  Take all the precautions that you can to protect your nose!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wedding dress shopping after rhinoplasty

+1

Wedding dress shopping is not a problem after rhinoplasty surgery but do take care not to overexert yourself soon after surgery.  I understand your desire and need to find a dress and that waiting to shop will only increase your stress levels.  Be careful with pulling dresses on over your head as your nose will be swollen and sore after surgery.  Best of luck!

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wedding dress shopping after a rhinoplasty is common

+1
Many of my patients have Rhinoplasty prior to their wedding and this subject has been breached many times. As a bride you know that your wedding album will be on your table hopefully for your lifetime and many brides want their noses done for this specific reason. Do take care when trying on dresses not to pull anything tight over the nose or over exert yourself. Enjoy this time and be careful to protect your investments your nose and your dress with care!! Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD