Just Went From An A to D Cup With 500cc. They Are Really High. How Long Will It Take For Them To Drop?

I Just Went from an A to a D 500cc and They Are Very High How Long or Will They Drop?

Postoperative Settling of Breast Implants

+2

Many breast implants will look high immediately after surgery due to swelling and the relative looseness of upper pole breast tissues and skin compared to that of the lower pole. Two-thirds of the volume created in most breast implants involves the lower and lateral poles of the breast which is also the most deficient breast volume areas. Even though a good pocket is made, the implant may naturally want to sit high until the lower pole breast tissues relax. This temporary phenomenon is magnified the larger the implant is compared to a very small initial breast size. This is a process which can take up to several months to become fully manifest. I would use three months as your assessment of the final breast implant position.    

Breast implants should look good right away.

+1

Hi.

1)  I have a different view.  I think the breasts should look the way you want them to look at the end of the operation.  I don't believe in "dropping".

2)  500 cc implants are big.  That alone will lead to too much fullness on top unless special steps are taken.  I hope I am wrong, but I doubt that they will drop very much without a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implants high

+1

Congratulations on your surgery!  With time the implants usually settle down into the pocket. Initially the muscle spasms and the implants are high. Give it 3-4 months minimum.

Time for breast implants to settle

+1

In the first 2 weeks after surgery the muscle contractions easy up and relax so the lateral and superior displacement subsides. At 4 to 6 weeks most of the swelling subsides so the size approaches the final size. At about 6 months the shape size and position reach their final results. It is important to note the a capsular Contractur can appear at any time after surgery the deforms the shap. Also as you age or become pregnant the effects of gravity effect the shape of the breast.

Best wishes

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

High Riding Implants

+1

The answer to your question depends on the exact breast augmentation technique performed, the quality of your tissue (skin envelope), and your overall activity level.   Swelling in the upper pole is very common regardless of technique performed and can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to resolve.  In some cases,  it can take up to 3-4 months to truly see your final results. Don't worry, it sounds like you just had surgery and your swelling will resolve with time.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Implant “Dropping” after Breast Augmentation?

+1
Breast implants tend to “settle” for several months after breast augmentation surgery. Rarely, patients may even see changes up to a year after surgery.
I would suggest that you continue to  follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to monitor your progress and watch for complications.

Implants high right after surgery

+1

This is common. It will take 1-2 weeks for the swellling to subside, 3-4 weeks for the skin and muscle to accomodate the new enhanced size and At 4-6 months, they will assume their final look.  Give it time especially if you just had surgery. Good Luck!

Raj S. Ambay, MD