I Went for Rhinoplasty. After 10 Days of my Surgery Still I Cant Breath Properly... is This Will Be Okay?

Congestion after rhinoplasty?

+1

In general, you may be congested for two weeks or more following rhinoplasty. Post-operative swelling can affect your breathing. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the details of your procedure and will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Post Rhinoplasty Nasal Obstruction

+1

It is very common to have nasal obstruction after rhinoplasty because the tissues on the inside of the nose swell much like the outside of the nose. You should give it at least a few more weeks of time, but if you are really worried, give your doctor a call to take a look.

Have a great day,

Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 10 days Post Op

+1

Following a Rhinoplasty, the nose can be swollen for months. It is normal for the swelling to hamper breathing. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon on a regular basis for a complete recovery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more, and swelling early can hamper breathing. I would follow with your surgeon at this point. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.