Went for fat injections under my eyes; along had a fat transfer of the cheeks and it's a disaster?

My cheeks were fat and I had laugh lines. My face is now asymmetrical. The normal fat which went up the area of my face beside my nose and then extended through my cheeks below my eyes is deformed because it stops in the middle of my cheek instead of continuing to the cheek bone. My main concern is that the fat graft hangs low on my cheeks making my laugh lines deeper and me look older because it looks like my cheeks dropped from aging. Is there anything I can do? It's been a month. Please help.

Fat grafting

+2
There probably is something that you can do. It is difficult to say without seeing a picture. At one month, you still may have some residual swelling and some of the problems that you are experiencing may resolve on their own. If you can be patient, I suggest that you wait at least 6 months until everything settles down. After that time, you may be able to fix some of the asymmetry with more injections or perhaps a surgical procedure.

I would start by returning to the person who did your injection and ask about fixing it. If you do not feel comfortable with that approach, you should find someone who has a lot of experience with facial injections and facial surgery. You do not want to go to someone who only has one method with which to approach your problem. You want all options open to you so that you can decide what is unbiased best way to fix this. Remember, to the person with the hammer, the world is a nail. Make sure you have someone who has the whole tool box!! I suggest finding them on the website of the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery. You can be sure that the surgeons on the site are well trained and have proven their merit!

Good luck and I hope this helps!!

New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Fat Injection

+2

Fat injection to the face is an art, it needs preoperative facial analysis because any asymmetry will be exaggerated after the fat injection, Also the expertise of the surgeon and the way the fat was prepared is important.

After waiting the appropriate time and no improvement then a good examination and analysis and your desired look taken in consideration a plan for improving the results can be discussed with you.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Fat injection areas can be corrected!

+2

If it is asymmetric then it has to be fixed by removal or camouflaged.  Return to your injector to see what they have to offer.  If this is not an option the visit the ASAPS site for a qualified injector.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS