Went for consult on coolsculpting /lipo and was asked to consider being part of a laser treatment then TT operation?

I am 4o yrs old non smoker no medications no stretch marks delivered twins naturally 8 yrs ago . I am also 40 pounds overweight at this time but the opportunity presented itself and really considering it although feeling so much anxiety and fear. I am a nurse myself but once you become a patient you feel like you know nothing . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very fearful of post op downtime . I'm Very active so have major concerns

Update: this is in addition to my original question about having laser treatments then having tummy tuck. my total weight gain with the twin pregnancy was about 30 lbs. I had gained 15 lbs with all the invitro procedures prior to actual pregnancy . I am posting pics now as well to hopefully give better idea of my situation. I really appreciate the doctors that have responded back. Dr. Wong did mention possibilty of high risk of diastasis after twin pregnancy.

Tummy tuck vs nonsurgical options

+1

Coolsculpting and lasers are not an alternative to a tummy tuck especially after a twins pregnancy, even with no stretch marks. None of the nonsurgical options will deliver enough skin tightening or fat reduction if you are 40 lbs. over you ideal weight. A tummy tuck will remove localized fat, repair a diastasis if needed, (likely after twins), and remove and tighten skin.

Lose the 40 lbs first

+1

Don't look for shortcuts --- there are none. Do the right thing, lose the weight first then have the tummy tuck. All the rest is worthless. forget the coolsculpting and lasers

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Went for consult on coolsculpting/lipo and was asked to consider being part of a laser treatment then TT operation?

+1

I believe that you should proceed with the tummy tuck. I am not sure that laser treatment would offer any additional benefit.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck

+1

After carrying twins it is hard not to develop a diastasis recti. The best procedure is a tummy tuck. If you need another opinion please give the office a call.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty (LTA) after delivering twins

+1

Dear Carly,

Thank you for your question and your fear of the unknown is quite common. While it's difficult to specifically comment on you're situation without pix or more detail, in general, especially after having twins, you would likely benefit from a lateral tension Abdominoplasty. I believe in weight loss in you are not significantly overweight after Abdominoplasty. In general patients loose 10-20 pounds after an LTA. Coolsculpting or liposuction would not address your abdominal wall laxity likely caused by pregnancy.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Clinical study?

+1

There isn't enough information to comment intelligently. Abdominoplasty will require a minimum of two weeks off, likely more if you lift patients. I would recommend that you lose weight before having any abdominal surgery. Happy Thanksgiving!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

What to do?

+1

With your acknowledgement of being overweight and having had twins, you are not an ideal candidate for any contouring procedures. You should hold off until you are at a weight that you can easily maintain with your normal routines. If this is the weight, then you could consider a tummy tuck but with a history of twins, you are likely to have diastasis that would benefit from muscle tightening (does your tummy really protrude when you relax it completely when standing upright?) and this would extend your recovery considerably.

You should invest in a consultation and let your surgeon know of all of your concerns, including your obligations of your nursing position and know what they can do for you.

Curtis Wong, MD