Do You Think I Went Too Big?

I am 5´1 90lbs and BWD of 11 cm. I was a 32A and was just looking to be a full B/small C cup, nothing more than that. When I had my first postoperative visit, my surgeon told me he had put the largest implant that could fit me, which was 285cc. That was not what I wanted, I didn´t want the biggest implant, as it will look too big on me, and since I am very thin, a full C or D cup just doesn´t look natural at all. I am very depressed right now, should I consider a revision?

Too big implants and a D cup

+1

Dear Alice87,

well, given your measurements, you are probably a 32 D now.

Some ladies may like the " big " look, but not you, and I understand. 

I would give it another few weeks, say 6 weeks post-operatively, for the tissues to heal. If you feel you are still very depressed to be a D cup, then yes, by all means, you need to consider revision.

you may have to consider going 50 cc smaller to bring you a good cup size down, and in a lower profile ( the flatter style implant ) so you can obtain a more discreet look.

your surgeon should be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

good luck,

Florence Mussat MD

Breast Augmentation Revision?

+1

Having good communication with your surgeon prior to surgery is so important, especially when trying to determine implant size. I have my patients do the "rice test" to help them visualize what their implants will look like. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months to be sure all swelling has resolved before deciding on a revision. 285 is not considered a large implant but you are very petite, it is important you are happy with your result. Good Luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Too Big after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage and recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small.

I would suggest you wait at least 3-6 additional months before you make any decisions regarding revisionary surgery.  This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. You may find that what appears “too big” now,  may not be so “too big” after this adjustment period.

If at that point,  you're convinced that the breast implants are too large ( assuming the breast implant pockets are otherwise doing well), revisionary  surgery  is a relatively painless procedure. Again, clear communication with your plastic surgeon will be important to avoid further dissatisfaction.

Too big?

+1

I would give it about 3 months to let the swelling settle down. At that time, if you are sure that you re too big you might as well get them replaced earlier than later. Discuss your concerns now with your surgeon so you are both on the sam epage. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Do you think you went too big

+1

Usually the look is best decided before an augmentation, and after again it is most important to focus on your look. The number you will soon forget, though I think your surgeon has chosen something that will be near the C you  were after. Many feel too big right after implants so wait several months before you judge.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

Breast implants

+1

The discussion of the size of implant should be made before surgery, and not discovered after surgery.  They do not sound very large, but you need to give them 3-4months to settle before conisdering an exchange.