I Went Until 3400 M in a Mountain and I Felt Air Bubbles Inside my Breast. Was It Normal?

I had no pain or other symptom, just felt this bubbles inside my breast. When touched they moved all around the implant. I come back and about 1000 m mountain down the bubbles start to disappear. I'd like to know if you heard about other cases and if it's possible to continue climbing high altitude mountains.

Breast implants and air bubbles

+2

Yes, when you go to a high altitude, the air expands just like with scuba divers that come up to fast from the bottom of the ocean. This is harmless and will go away.

Air in breast implants at high altitude

+2

I have to admit I am skeptical, and the 'experiment' would be easy to replicate. The idea of air forming in the implant requires a pressure drop great enough to pull air out of solution in the saline fill, cavitation, much like the gas release as the top is removed from a carbonated solution. The 'air' in your case would be nitrogen, just like a diver who was saturated at depth and surfaced too fast. An interestnig idea we'll have to test out.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com