Weird Smile After Juvederm Injections

8 months ago I got Juvederm for smile lines. On day 2 I saw when I smiled I had new lines, like a joker smile. Doctor said after the product settled it would go away. 8 months later I still have a weird smile. Am I stuck w/these joker smile lines forever or will they go away as the Juvaderm does?

Funny lines after filler

+1

At eight months, it should already be dissolving.. If you want it removed, you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase.

That can often be fixed with a touch up by an experienced doctor

+1

This kind of smile can often be fixed with a touch up. But, it's important to have it done by an experienced doctor. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

8 Months after Juvederm injection it is absorbed by now, and probably you do not have any Juvederm left. You probably had those lines before but you did not notice them, Juvederm does ot give you new age lines. Look at your old pictures.

Most of the juvederm is gone

+1

The mouth area is quite dynamic. Because of the constant movement in this area, it is unlikely that any juvederm is still present. If any juvederm is present, the small amount that is left would not cause any noticeable difference. Your perioral region is unlikely to change at all.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm is not permanent

+1

The new lines that you describe probably will not be permanent as they will fade after the Juvederm completely dissolves, which could take another several months. That would not be the case if you had a semi-permanent or permanent filler injected.