Is This Weird Shape to my Implants Normal?

Clearly the implants are too big for me so I'm wondering if the implant has a weird shape because it is too big to fit me properly or if it's because of something else. Should I have my doctor look at it or is this pretty normal? And when I squeeze them together they have this indentation on the inside where my cleavage is. Thank you, I appreciate all your help.

Capsular contracture can deform breast implants

+3

jennacatt,

Is this shape something new or has it always been like that? IF this is something new it is possible that you're developing capsular contracture where the scar around the implant may be getting tight and is deforming the implant.

Although you do have large implants, I would not attribute your breast shape problem to that fact.

The other obvious thing is the asymmetry of your nipples (the implants appear to be positioned symmetrically).  It appears you have scars around your areola... did you have significant breast asymmetry before the implant surgery and the surgeon also tried to correct the asymmetry by repositioning your nipple/areola?

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Implants and shape

+2

Your implants are more than likely a bit too big for your body frame and are being squeezed while trying to stretch out the skin.

Breast shape after breast augmentation: Implant vs. Breast

+2

In most patients, if a conservatively sized breast implant is placed under the muscle the breast will be filled out but have a similar shape as before. Shape of the breast can be changed with oversized breast implants and anatomic breast implants, as well as implant malposition. It is not completely clear what is going on with your implants but it looks like the right implant has gone to far to the middle of the chest which may be from breast pocket over dissection to accommodate a larger implant. I would look at what your implants do when you contract your pectoralis if they are under the muscle to determine what your muscle is doing to the implants or if it is scarring around the implants. A visit to your plastic surgeon is warranted to determine the cause and more importantly the repair of this.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Different Implant s

+2

I looked at your pictures several times and tried to pick up the abnormal shape.  The breast are shaped differently this may due the shape of the original pockets or there may be a capsular contracture.    Have your plastic surgeon reevaluate your implants.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Beware of large breast implants

+2

Based on the photo that you provide, I observe the following

1. Your implants are fairly well positioned relative to each other

2. You appear to have some asymmetry in your nipple position, which may have been an issue pre-op

3. Your implants are too big for you chest wall

4. Your implants are elongated vertically, simply because they are too wide for the pocket made for them

The 'dent' that your perceive may be folding of the implant along the medial edge of the implant pocket. I'd be curious to learn how these implants were chosen for you.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast shape after surgery

+2

Jenna,

By your scars you had surgery awhile ago. A better image is with your arms at your side and to have someone else take your pictures. Your nipples are in different positions on your breast mounds which could most certainly make them appear different. I would recommend you return to your plastic surgeon to allow them to examine you and discuss the areas that concern you.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Implant shape over time

+2

I agree that those implants are too large for your chest dimensions.  You don't say how long you've had them, but the "dent" you see on the right breast may be thinning of the tissues in that area.  Do you feel the implant more noticably in that area?  Or it could just be how the dissection was done during the initial surgery.

Your surgeon can do a good exam and give you an idea of what's going on, or just reassure you that all is well.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Might consider downsizing

+1

The “dent” is probably caused by the thinning of the tissues in that area. If you are concerned with the size of your implants you should probably have them changed by your plastic surgeon.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with breast implant choice? Speak to your original surgeon.

+1

If you are unsure about your implants, you should go and speak weith your PS regarding options for changing them.