Weird Sensation and Squeaking Noise in Left Breast 3 Weeks Post Op?

I had silicone implants put in, submuscular 3 weeks ago. I notice my left breast is dropping and softening faster than my right, which I've heard is normal, but today I am noticing a weird squeak sound and feeling a strange almost buzzing sensation in my left breast when I move it. Is this normal? What is causing it and will it go away?

Weird Sensation and Squeaking Noises after Breast Augmentation?

+2

The “weird sensation and squeaking noises” are probably related to retained fluid and/or air in the breast implant pockets;  these sensations  will likely  disappear within the  next few weeks.

Squeaking noise when implant moves after augmentation

+2

The squeaking noise early on after breast augmentation is often from fluid within the breast pocket which shifts as you move the implant. If you wear a snug bra and 'rest' the breast the fluid will absorb and the noises will disappear.

Implant Pocket Emitting Squeaky Noises Early After Breast Augmentation

+1

The noises you are hearing are from air and fluid that are in the breast implant pocket around your breast implant.  The air gets in when your plastic surgeon creates whatever incision site was opened to gain entry into the breast pocket.  The fluid, usually saline but sometimes injury fluid from your body, in conjunction with the air when squeezed by the movement of your implant, emits a sound at times.  Some of my patients have referred to it as having bubble wrap around their implant.  This is a completely normal occurrence.  It happens to many patients early on after breast augmentation.  Your body will resorb both the air and the fluid, and you will stop squeaking.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Squeaky breasts

+1

Although a squeaky breast may be disconcerting, it is something that can happen within the early post op period.  What you are most likely hearing is air or fluid moving around within the space surrounding the implant.

George John Alexander, MD, FACS