Why is This So Weird Looking? Is This Part of Normal Healing? (Breast Lift with 234cc Silicone Under) (photo)

Ok...I know you get this question constently. But please understand that not only thisis a expensive purchase that I REALLY want to take care of...but its my body. Just want everything to be ok. I am 3 weeks post op and have been to my PS 4 times regarding the area of concern. He is not worried about it and says that my body is just taking its time in absorbing. Just looking for other opinion. It is slightly tender...but definetly larger in the outside area. Please reply with your expertise. TY.

Is This Part of Normal Healing?

+2

I am having a tough time figuring out which breast is of concern.

Your implant position looks appropriate, the incisions are healing well. There is a small amount of asymmetry which is expected as neither side will behave exactly as the other. I can't see the comparable view of the right breast, but there is not an alarming amount of bruising that would concern me.

Patience.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Why is This So Weird Looking? Is This Part of Normal Healing? (Breast Lift with 234cc Silicone Under)

+2

Not sure of what areas you are speaking about. Uneven swelling can occur. But 3 weeks is still early. Unless you are having increased pain, fever, redness I would allow more healing time. 

Asymmetric swelling of breasts

+2

It is not uncommon for breasts to have asymmetric swelling.   It is important to ensure that there is no source of infection or bleeding as a source.   Otherwise, the result should improve as swelling goes down.

Close followup and monitoring by your plastic surgeon is all that I recommend.   I wish you a safe and healthy recovery!!

Paul S. Gill, MD

Asymmetric swelling can be bleeding, infection, or just normal healing!

+2

Your early result looks excellent, and your swelling is indeed slightly more on the left side. But you have had it checked (4 times), and your plastic surgeon feels your "body is just taking its time absorbing." If what is being absorbed is just surgical swelling, then that is perfectly correct. If, however, the swelling is due to bleeding, or a collection of blood beneath the skin flap or inside the breast pocket, this could be a bigger issue.

Infection is unlikely, as this would progress if left untreated.

Normal (asymmetric) swelling is most likely, but a collection of blood or fluid may need more than time to absorb (surgical drainage, or needle aspiration, the latter very carefully in the presence of implants). Keep an eye on this and in communication with your doctor, but obsessing and seeing your PS repeatedly with the same question/answers may only serve to distract your surgeon from his/her best judgement. Your best expert is the surgeon who can directly examine this area and who did your surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

You are healing well

+2
Healing can take time, you can heal faster on one side than on the other, and breasts are always asymmetrical. Don't stress, don't look for problems that aren't there and try to recuperate calmly. Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast issues after lift

+2

Your breasts look like they are healing well from the surgery from the photos.  Of course in person, it may be different. There is always some asymmetry between the two breasts.  Give it time to heal.

Breast Asymmetry Is The Rule Rather Than The Exception

+2

Congratulations.  You obviously chose an excellent plastic surgeon.  From your photographs, your lift appears to have been done very well, and things appear to me to be right where they belong at this stage.  The muscle will push on the silicone in your implant and force it upward giving you the appearance of being shot in the back with two torpedos.  These will settle.  The slight swelling on your left breast at the outer margin may be the effect of the swelling or may have pre-existed.  I would need to see pre-operative photographs to comment on that.  I understand your anxiety.  I am sure you waited a long time and spent a lot of money to get the look you wanted, but you are going to have to invest time now, as well as the money you spent. 

Give yourself six months. Your pictures show a very professional breast lift with implants at an early stage.  Things will settle, swelling will go down, and I personally think you will be very pleased.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry during healing

+2

This looks like normal asymmetry that is seen during the early phases of healing.  One side of you body tends to heal faster or swell more than the other.  Be patient and listen to your surgeon.  The final result will take several months.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Your breast look good 3 weeks after breast lift and augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. Understand that if your breasts look perfectly normal 3 weeks after a breast lift and augmentation by 6 weeks you could be too low. The fact that the bottom of your breast is somewhat square will become round and normal looking in the next 4-6 weeks. I do not see swelling or other abnormality that would concern me. Please follow up with your plastic surgeon

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

3 weeks post-surgery you are still very swollen and you have not seen your final results. Give your body time to heal. Without seeing before pictures it’s hard to give you accurate advice. The incision look clean and in tacked, you should follow up with your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS