Weird Drainage 15 Days Post Op from Full Tummy Tuck?

I am 15 days post op, been draining clearish blood tinged fluid since day 7. It got heavy, then backed up causing excessive swelling. Went to emergency room, doctor said it is a small seroma ,prescribed two antibiotics (day 13) , next day gushed out fluid. Now day 15 I am bleeding bright red blood from incision, light headed. Is this normal?

Drainage post tummy tuck

+1

It is difficult without an examination to be sure what is going on, but I would recommend you get checked by your surgeon promptly. It is possible that there is a larger collection inside that needs to be drained.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Post Operative Seroma After Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for the question. Although not clearly stated, it sounds as if the drainage may be coming from your wound. I would recommend the you see your plastic surgeon sooner rather than later. While seromas after an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) are a recognized complication, the fact that you are also symptomatic (light headed) means you should be promptly evaluated in person by your plastic surgeon.

Best of luck. 

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Drainage 15 Days Post Op from Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

I cannot tell from your question if you still have a drain in place from surgery, or if the drainage is all coming out from the incision areas. 

Either way a call to your surgeon is the best advice I can give, and a visit to the office or to the ER is appropriate. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Hello

+1

Without an exam it’s hard to say what can be going on. You need to see your PS he/she would be the best one to answer that question.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS