Weird Bump in Nose at 3 Weeks Post-Op Rhinoseptoplasty. Is This a Cartilage Issue or Just Swelling? (photo)

There is a strange bump that is visible when I tilt my head back and look into the nasal airways. Could this be collapsed cartilage? Or is it just swelling? I am three weeks post-op rhinoseptoplasty. Thank you.

Weird Bump in Nose at 3 Weeks Post-Op Rhinoseptoplasty. Is This a Cartilage Issue or Just Swelling?

+1

Dear Visna,

I don't seem to be seeing what you are talking about. However, this is way to early to be worried about it. Let the nose evolve and express your concerns to your surgeon.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nostril assymetry at three weeks

+1

Most likely you are experiencing swelling that is uneven on one side.  Your best option is to ask your surgeon to feel this area and to assess it.

Nathan E. Nachlas, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon