Weird/asymmetric Nasal Tip? Is It Swelling or Bad Surgery? (photo)

I'm 3months post op, and the bottom of my nose is very weird and asymmetric! why is this? is this swelling? or bad rhinoplasty? Will it improve? I feel like an alien and I am very depressed.

Rhinoplasty healing

+1

Dear Distresspatient,

1. The tip stays swollen for the longest period of time
  2. You should be patient and allow it time to heal before getting too worried
  3. Additionally, to the casual observer, this is not a very noticeable issue, the nose looks great for 3 months out

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Weird/asymmetric Nasal Tip? Is It Swelling or Bad Surgery?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip asymmetry early after a rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photograph about the degree of post operative asymmetry.  You are still early at 3 months post op.  Give it another 3 - 6 months, especially for the tip before you judge the final results.  

+1

Poorly posted photo! Best to seek second opinions IN PERSON from rhinoplasty docs in your city. 

Rhinoplasty Asymmetry at 3 months

+1

Thank you for sharing your concerns and pictures. Looking at your pictures, I see some of the tip asymmetries you are concerned with, but your nose should continue to decrease in swelling and approach its final appearance over the next 3-9 months. Additional photographs would be of assistance to give you more feedback.  Try to be patient and know that the average person you interact with will not appreciate everything you see in the mirror at home.  I wouldn't let your concerns about your nasal appearance dictate your social interactions. However, discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Your results are early, so do your best to be patient. I hope this helps. Take care. 

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric nasal tip at three months post rhinoplasty.

+1

I would need to see better pictures to determine what the problem is. At three months you are slightly swollen and this will go down over the next nine months.

Tip swelling will camouflage the final result after rhinoplasty.

+1

The picture demonstrates persistent swelling in the nasal tip. I don't see anything to worry about that the present time.