Weightloss Caused Sunken Cheeks & Wrinkles Will Cheek Implants & Filler Be my Best Option? (Photos)

Being a victom of child molestation, i turned to medications to cope which has ultimatley changed my appearance because of the weight loss over 8 years. Now I have insecurities about my smile which has defined lines as well as laughing lines that refrain me from wanting to smile or take pictures. I researched cheek implant options and the different injections but would like to get a professional recommendation on what you think would be best option and the doctor who can do it.. Thank you!!

Cheek fillers

+2

I agree with Dr. Shafer. You are good looking, with good facial structure and fullness. I think fillers would help define some of the areas you are unhappy with without being over-the-top. I think cheek implants would be too much at this point, and you'd be much happier with a syringe or two of fillers.

Find a good physician by looking at Real Self under the Find a Doctor pages. Check out physician bios, websites, and more. Many physicians will offer free consultations for fillers so go in and talk with him/her about your needs. I would always recommend a board-certified physician.

Cheek fillers

+2

Thanks providing pictures and descriptions.  First of all, you are a good looking guy, so please don't feel like there is anything wrong or abnormal with the way you look.  If you are looking for fuller cheeks, I would suggest Juvederm Ultra Plus XC as your first line.  This is a good filler and has the option of being reversed if you do not like it.  I would not suggest cheek implants as you can achieve the same result, and often much more natural results, with fillers.  The fillers are also less invasive and less costly than implants.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Weightloss Caused Sunken Cheeks & Wrinkles Will Cheek Implants & Filler Be my Best Option?

+1

I have written a book on the aesthetics of beauty and as an expert, IMHO you are handsome and need very little.  At the most some small amount of Perlane to the cheeks based on the third photo.  IMO, if you look like the center picture, you should not have anything done.  Period.

Fillers can be a better option than implants

+1

I agree that for the small amount of correction you would need, a filler would be a much better option. I much prefer Radiesse for cheek augmentation. It is injected more deeply than the hyaluronic acid fillers and lasts much longer. You can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Volume After Weight Loss

+1

Hi Aaron, I'm going with Drs. Shafer and Rueckl.  I think you're looking great.  I'd stick with something for concervative for now like a filler or collagen therapy.  I good filler for you would be Radiesse, strategically placed in and around your cheek bones and your midface.  That would last you from 9 to 12 months.  Sculptra is another great treatment.  This material is injected more diffusely, taken up by the body, and replaced with your own collagen.  My patients with strong bone structure and thinner faces love it because the just globally look fuller and more refreshed without looking unnatural.  After a full treatment of Sculptra that would last about 18 monts to 28 months.

You look great though.

Dr. Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon