Weightloss After Mini Tummy Tuck

I am having a mini tt. I have put on about 10 pounds because i had to quit smoking for the surgery. Will this effect my results when I lose this weight later?

Weight loss after tummy tuck

+2

It is always best to have a tummy tuck when you have reached your ideal weight. Having said that,however, losing only ten pounds after the surgery is unlikely to have a significantly negative effect of the result.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Very possibly.  The weight gain is better than smoking however.  Talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they will let you know if the surgery is jeopardized due to the weight gain.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Congratulations on your successful procedure and for having quit smoking.

Gradual 10 pound weight loss will likely not have significant effect on the results of your surgery.

Weight loss after tummy-tuck

+1

First and foremost, congratulations on quitting smoking.  This is going to have more impact on the final result of any surgery you proceed with when compared to the small amount of weight that you plan to lose post-operatively.  It is highly unlikely that this amount of weight loss after your mini-tummy tuck will alter your results significantly.  In addition, your surgeon is already familiar with your body shape and your desired results.  They should  be able to anticipate this loss and plan with you accordingly.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Ten pound weight loss after tummy tuck

+1

First, congratulations on kicking the habit.  Quitting smoking is very important to help you improve your healing potential.  Although we generally recommend proceeding with mini or full tummy tucks once you've lost all your weight, it is unlikely that a < 10 lbs weight loss will deteriorate your tummy tuck results.  Since your plastic surgeon is familiar with your anatomy, please ask your plastic surgeon for his/her perspective.  Best of luck.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS