Weight Has Stabilized but Not at my Goal. Am I Still a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?

Over the last year and a half I've lost 76 pounds. I now weigh 149 and am 5'4. My goal weight is 135. These last 14 pounds are stubborn, I workout 6 days a week and only lose about 1-2 pounds a month vs the 1-2 pounds a week I was losing. Am I still a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover? I would really like a TT, BL,BA but am concerned the excess 15 pounds may not give me a decent result.

Mommy Makeover and weight loss

+2

My suggestion is to visit with  a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. I normally suggest that my patients are at their goal weight prior to surgery.  This would help in achieving the patients goals.  If we perform surgery and then the patient loses more weight, they have to understand that the breast and tummy will change with weight loss and therefore they may need additional surgery.  

Mommy makeover

+2

The fact that your weight loss has slowed as you near your ideal weight is not uncommon.  I believe that you would be a good candidate for surgery at any time.  For most patients 10 pounds one way or the other does not change the surgical results.  I would recommend that you go ahead and call a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to be evaluated and get all of your questions answered.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before tummy tuck

+2

If your weight has been stable for several months you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck and breast lift. The only way to know for sure is to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete examination in person. The actual number of your weight is not as important as the distribution of your weight and the excess skin. Don't be too concerned with losing your last 15 pounds, since you have already lost a considerable amount of weight.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Losing weight before cosmetic surgery

+1

Fifteen pounds really won't make much of a difference before your surgery or even afterward.  50-75 pound weight loss would probably cause more loose skin to occur after a tummy tuck, though.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Goal weight for mommy makeover

+1

It would be best to be at your ideal weight before surgery, but if you are unable to achieve that, you may still be a good candidate for a mommy makeover.  Your board-certified plastic surgeon will help you to understand your best options based on your health, skin laxity and thickness of fatty tissue.

David Stoker, MD

Mommy Makeover

+1

Hello ~

Congratulations on losing the weight you have. That is a big accomplishment.  Despite having plateaued on your weight loss schedule, you have lost a considerable amount of weight. If you have reached a steady weight for a period of 6 months, I believe you would be a sound candidate for a mommy makeover procedure.  Without seeing photographs it is difficult to asses just how good of a candidate you are, but in the larger scheme, a 15 pound weight difference from your "ideal" weight is not significant enough to profoundly affect your results in a negative manner.

I would recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a formal evaluation and management plan.

Kindest Regards ~

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Weight loss and mommy makeover

+1

Your height and weight are very good and congratulations for your accomplishment. Although you have not provided pictures I would guess you are an excellent candidate for mommy makeover with tummy tuck and breast surgery. A lift may well be required. As to the remaining fourteen pounds, I doubt this is going to make a difference so i would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon when you are ready. Good Luck

Richard Linderman, MD

Your are ready or very close!

+1

Congratulations on a fantastic job.  There is no correct weight as long as you are healthy and not significantly overweight.  You have to shoot for the weight that makes you feel the best and makes your face look the best.  Then you can customize procedures to transform your body to your desires.  My advice is don't be in a rush to do all your work in one surgery.  After major weight loss you might need multiple procedures and they have to be done in the right order. You should go for some consultations now and with the help of your doctor plan your future steps.  Best of luck.

Daniel Yamini, MD

Candidate for Mommy Makeover.

+1

You should be proud of yourself for losing the weight as it takes a significant amount of dedication. As long as your weight has been stable for 6 months and there is not a significant amount of weight you still want to lose, then you are a candidate for a mommy makeover.  I would suggest you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who is also a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Best of luck.

M. Keith Hanna, MD

You are ready to go

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  It sounds like you have worked hard and are continuing to do so.  If your weight has been stable for 6 months you are a great candidate for surgery.  Without photos I can't  tell you exactly how much you will lose with surgery, but I have had patients lose anywhere from 10-25 pounds as a result of surgery.  There's the weight of all the tissue that will be removed (less when you are close to your ideal weight and more when you are farther from it) plus the weight you lose from the loss of appetite you get right after surgery.  I found that I filled up faster after my TT because there was less room for my stomach to expand.  So you should get out there and start looking for the right surgeon.  I word of caution about that.  You are not the typical candidate for a mommy makeover.  You are really a massive weight loss patient, too.  The procedures are often more extensive and the expectations a little different.  Find a surgeon who is experienced in MWL surgery and be sure to look at the photos of those patients' results so your expectations are realistic.  You've earned that new body!

Lori H. Saltz, MD