At What Maximum Weight Would I Be a Good Candidate for Smart Lipo?

hello , I am 162 female , 22 yrs old .. my fats are concentrated in my abdomin area .. I am on a weight loss programme already ( diet + excersice ) what is the maximum weight of a person whereby the plastic surgeon accepts to give me smartlipo ? plus , can i have 2 sessions three months apart since I have extra fats ?? will excersicing meanwhile may maximize the results ? excuse my english i'm not native speaker :)

Maximum Weight for Liposuction

+1

Hi there-

Liposuction (regardless of the machine used) is best thought of as a body contouring procedure- to improve the shape and silhouette- not as a weight loss procedure.

If you are significantly overweight, you are much more likely to be disappointed with your outcome, and the risks of the operation are greater as well.

And again, don't make the mistake of thinking that the machine that is used on you is nearly as important as who does the procedure. The best surgeons could use ANY liposuction machine and give you a safe and pleasing improvement. 

Liposuction and body habitus

+1

Before undergoing liposuction whether using smartlipo or another technique I would suggest you get down to your ideal weight first.

Maximum Weight

+1

From your description I would recommend the Smart Lipo Body jet combination. In Florida we can only remove 4 liters of fat per operation. Sounds like you will need 2 or 3 operations about 3 to 6 months apart. Best of Luck. 

Weight of a liposuction candidate

+1

Without knowing your height it is difficult to tell you what weight you should be under in order to be accepted as a candidate for liposuction surgery. The ideal candidate is no more than 10 pounds overweight, but many surgeons operate on patients much more overweight than this. You should be in good physically fit health and dieting as you say, but eating well and not starving yourself either. You should not be a smoker. You would need a physical examination to determine how much could be removed and if you should lose more weight before your liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD