Does Weight Matter for Brazilian Buttlift?

Hello! I have a question about the Brazilian buttlift procedure. I am 5' 4" and 110 pounds and am relatively lean although not very skinny and was wondering if a doctor would need me to gain weight for the procedure?

Yes, Its very important.

+2

I think i wont do a Brazilian butt lift on a patient less than 120 pounds. There is not enough fat to do a nice butt augmentation. I would think on Butt implants, or recomend gaining 10 to 15 pounds before a Brazilian.

5'4" 110 lbs and Candidate for Brazilian Buttlift

+2

At 5'4" 110 lbs, getting a large augmentation is probably not realistic, but I have performed 600 cc transfers to each buttock in women your size.  The key to the question is where you have fat and whether that fat is amenable to liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best weight for Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

It is hard to accurately answer your question without seeing you.  Your measurements indicate you are slim, but I can't assess how much fat you have.  It is fat stores that matter for the Brazilian Butt Lift.  I have had success with slim patients in my practice.  I sometimes recommend weight gain prior to surgery, but not always.  It really depends on your goals and where you are starting.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise with fat grafting procedures. Please see the link below for an example of a slim lady who had the Brazilian Butt lift.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

BBL for petite women

+1

I don't recommend weight gain in preparation for surgery.  You would need a consultation to determine if you are a candidate for BBL.  If you have an inadequate amount of fat, you might be a candidate for gluteal implants.

Dennis Dass, MD

I don't recommend gaining weight before a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

I generally do not recommend that patients gain weight before BBL surgery. This may lead to an increased amount of fat loss after the procedure. Even in very skinny patients, I am usually able to find good "hidden" fat.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Would not necessarily

+1

Would not necessarily the weight but the Body fat percentage of the areas where you will have Liposuction is very important. I recommend you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who will assess whether you are a candidate.

Walkiris Robles, MD