Will Weight Loss Decrease my IMF Cm?

If I lost 20lbs will that change my IMF measurements? Right now my IMF is 4cm if I lose weight will It more likely Change to 3cm or more 5cm? Same question for my sternal notch To nipple. I am 25cm. Will that go up or down. I know they will Deflat as well.

Breast Changes after Weight Loss?

+2

Although it is not possible to accurately predict exactly what changes will occur with 20 pound weight loss,  I will give you my best guess. It is possible that the distance from your sternal notch to nipple may increase with significant weight loss. This would be consistent with some “sagging” of the breasts. On the other hand, I am doubtful whether there will be a measurable change in the distance from the areola to inframammary fold.

IMF values

+1

Nipple distances and IMF distances are irrelevant.  What counts is how the breasts appear.  Unfortunately, you have not shown any photographs.  However, if you have lost 20 lbs I imagine your breasts will be sagging and you will most likely need a lift.  My advice is to avoid any lifts that involve vertical incisions.  They produce scars that cannot be hidden, do not lie in the normal folds, widen in time and weaken the strength of the breasts.  The best technique uses a circumareola incision.  Through this incision the breast can be lifted as well as the areola.  If you desire volume increase, implants can be placed through the same circumareola incision.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon