Chest Workout to Keep Implants from Getting Smaller?

I have lost around 10 pounds, and my breast implants are looking smaller. Is there any type of chest workout I can do to keep this from happening?

May actually be a bad idea

+2

If your implants are under the muscle, exercise may actually push the implants lower which could in turn make them look even smaller. There are a number of good exercises you can do for the upper body without focusing on your pecs, which would be my advice.

No exercise to help implants that look smaller

+2

Thanks for your question -

There is no exercise that will help with decreases in breast volume as you lose weight. Exercises that build up the pectoralis muscle will be unlikely to demonstrate any significant improvement.

It can be very frustrating but your body (anyone's body) does not gain or lose weight uniformly. Some areas of the body will lose or gain weight at a faster rate than other parts. In addition, these areas can change as we get older.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Exercise and implant size

+1

There are no exercises that will make implants look bigger. It is a very simple formula based upon the volume of the implant. If you want larger breasts, you need larger implants.

Breasts consist of breast tissue and fat, and these don't grow with exercise.

+1

Hi. Exercise has no role to solve your problem, unfortunately. Either you accept your new body, or put on a few pounds, or - after you have really thought about it - get larger implants.

Here are two thoughts:

1) Remember very large breasts don't age well, and very large implants tend to look less natural.

2) Are you possibly too thin?

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Only answer would be to go with a larger implant size

+1

There are no exercises that will increase breast size.  Unfortunately some women will experience a decrease in breast size due to weight loss.  I have seen a women go from a D cup to an A cup with a 15 pound weight loss.  The only available option would be to go to a larger breast size.

Quick Answer: No

+1

Sooner24:

Of course, your implants are probably the same size but the weight loss has caused you to have less fat within your breasts. Normal breasts have plenty of body fat. You can't control which body areas experience fat loss or fat gain. You can only control overall loss or gain.

We don't think chest or pectoral muscle development changes breast size at all. Some development of the upper portion of the pectoral muscle provides a fit, healthy and youthful appearance for the upper chest or torso, though. Moderate exercise may be best.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

No exercise that I know of that affect implants

+1

Exercising cannot change the size of your implant. You can certainly try to build up the pecs, but that can put pressure on the implants and change the shape/position as well. Changes in the body with weight loss are very difficult since one tends to lose/gain weight unevenly. If over time your implants feel small, then you can try to change the size and make them bigger. Sorry, but I don't know of any exercise to help you.

Sirish Maddali, MD

No exercises will help your implants

+1

Hello Sooner24

Exercise as a rule is a good thing. Chest exercises will not change the size of your implants or change your cup size. When women lose weight, some of it is lost in the native breast tissue so although the implants appear smaller, it is your own breast tissue that has gotten smaller with the weight loss. Some patients may wish to consider changing to larger implants, but make sure your weight is very stable before making any decisions.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Not really

+1

Theoretically you can try to develop the pectoralis muscles to add bulk, but this may not change the appearance of your breasts significantly and maybe contraindicated if you have submuscular implants. The implants themselve do not change size as they are filled to a set volume. This is one reason why body-contouring procedures, of which breast augmentation is one, should be performed when your body and lifestyle are stable, not changing.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD