How much extra weight loss would impact a mini-tummy tuck?

I was heavy before pregnancy and have lost all my "baby weight", and I continue to loose weight, which is good, but the extra skin is going to be a problem. At what point should I consider a full-tummy tuck over a mini-tummy tuck? Is the amount of skin that needs to be removed a factor that surgeons consider for the type of tuck needed?

Weight loss and tummy tucks-mini vs full?

I just saw a patient today with the same question. She had gain about 60lbs with her first and only pregnancy. She subsequetly lost the weight and has no loose skin , no extra fat, and no weakend muscle above her belly button.  She may consider a mini tummy tuck---but frankly those patients are quite rare in my practice. Most patients would benefit from a FULL abdominoplasty; and as a result of this- I perform mostly the full procedure.

If you are one of those fortunate ladies, you may consider this- but if not- have a full tummy tuck.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon