Will Weight Loss Alter The Look Of My Chin Implant?

I had a chin augmentation surgery (with a button chin implant) to enhance my femininity. However, I still think my chin is not pointy enough on my frontal view. I’m planning to go through a rigorous weight loss program (losing 30+ lbs), and I wonder the following: a) could there be any fat tissue between the chin implant and the skin, and b) if so, can the fat tissue be reduced after a significant weight loss? Thank you.

Chin augmentation result and weight loss

+1

The amount of fat under the chin skin is not large enough to be affected by weight loss or gain...the same as your nose for example. 

If you are not happy with the result, most likely a new chin implant must be used.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and weight loss

+1

It is highly unlikely that losing weight will have any effect on your chin implant since they are typically placed directly on the bone. That being said, weight loss can affect your neck and jaw line especially in the areas of the jowl and lower face regions.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

I do not believe that weight loss will narrow your chin.

To feminize the chin you need to alter the bone. Bone shaving will narrow and feminize the chin